Switzerland PESTLE Insights – A Macroeconomic Outlook Report
- Pages: 46
- Published: June 2021
- Report Code: GDER0001
Financial intermediation, real estate and business activities contributed 27.6% to the gross value added (GVA) in 2020, followed by mining, manufacturing and utilities (20.6%), and wholesale, retail and hotels (15.9%). Agriculture contributed the least to the economy, accounting for 0.63% of the GVA in 2020.
Five cantons are driving the Swiss economy; they contributed 52.63% to the country’s GDP and 53.66% of the population in 2020
The SMI index exhibited an upward trend during May 11, 2020, to May 11, 2021. Overall, the index increased by 13.4% from 9,689.7 on May 11, 2020, to 10,992.5 on May 11, 2021.
– According to the government’s STEP 35 plan, Switzerland plans to increase the carrying capacity of its railway to 2 million people by 2040, which is more than 50% of its current carrying capacity.
Reasons to buy
– Macroeconomic Outlook Report identifies the potentials of the country as an investment destination by analyzing the political, economic, social, technological, legal and environmental (PESTLE) structure.
– PESTLE Insights provides 360 degree view of the economy which can be used as a strategic tool to understand the market dynamics, business potentials and direction of operations
– Along with providing the country’s snapshot, the report captures the risk factors pertaining to the macroeconomic risks, political environment, legal environment, demographic and social structure effectiveness, technology & infrastructure and natural and geographic aspects that might impact business.
– This report also highlights key clusters/cities which contribute significantly to the country GDP and population along with major companies’ presence in these areas.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
List of Exhibits
Did You Know?
Recovery from COVID Crisis
List of Figures
List of Figures
Exhibit 1: Switzerland’s Performance in terms of its Country Risk Analysis in Comparison to Western Europe and the World Average
Exhibit 2: Performance Overview (Score: 1-100)
Exhibit 3: Broad Categories and Weights Behind the Index
Exhibit 4: Switzerland Stock Market
Exhibit 5: Key Sectors’ Contribution to the Economy
Exhibit 6: FDI Inflows in Switzerland and FDI by Sector (2016-2019)
Exhibit 7: Investment by Region (2016-2019) and by Country (2019)
Exhibit 8: Key Infrastructure Indicators
Exhibit 9: Real GDP and Household Consumption Growth Rate (2016-2023f)
Exhibit 10: Real GDP Growth Rate Comparison (2020)
Exhibit 11: Exports and Imports, Percentage Change (2016-2023f)
Exhibit 12: Current Account Balance (2016-2023f)
Exhibit 13: Top Three Commodity Exports, % of Total Exports (2016-2020)
Exhibit 14: Pharmaceutical Products, % of World Total (2020)
Exhibit 15: Interest Rates (June 2016 – June 2021)
Exhibit 16: Exchange Rate and Inflation (2016-2023f)
Exhibit 17: Public Finance (2016-2023f)
Exhibit 18: General Government Debt (2016-2023f)
Exhibit 19: Unemployment (2016-2023f)
Exhibit 20: Average Annual Wages (2016-2019)
Exhibit 21: Labor Cost Index (2016-2019)
Exhibit 22: Rural/Urban Share of Total Population (1995, 2005, 2015, 2025)
Exhibit 23: Age-group Share of Total Population (1995, 2005, 2015, 2025)
Exhibit 24: Gender Split (1995, 2005, 2015, 2025)
Exhibit 25: Internet Users as a Percentage of the Total Population, Mobile Penetration Rate and Broadband Penetration Rate (2020)
Exhibit 26: Number of Patents Granted Per Million Population (2020)
Exhibit 27: High-technology Exports, % of Manufactured Exports (2019)
Exhibit 28: Doing Business in Switzerland 2020
Exhibit 29: Corruption Perceptions Index (Rankings) (2020)
Exhibit 30: CO2 Emissions (2016-2019)