The Wendy’s Company – Enterprise Tech Ecosystem Series
- Pages: 17
- Published: July 2021
- Report Code: GDDT0446ES
The Wendy’s Company (Wendy’s) is a quick-service hamburger restaurant company. The company operates both franchise and company owned restaurants. Wendy’s offers a range of menu specializing in hamburger sandwiches and a variety of cheeseburgers, wraps, chicken nuggets, french fries, sandwiches, beverages, baked potatoes, freshly prepared salads, sides, soft drinks, kids’ meals, and Frosty desserts. The company also offers promotional products at times. Wendy’s offers breakfast in some restaurants in the US. Wendy’s free-standing restaurants include dining facility along with a pick-up window. It operates quick-service restaurants in the US, Canada, and other international markets. The company is headquartered in Dublin, Ohio, the US.
Wendy’s, for its day-to-day operations, relies on IT and computer systems. It uses both third-party software and company owned proprietary software across multiple functions including point-of-sale, kitchen delivery, back-office, and customer service in its restaurants. In December 2019, Wendy’s invested US$15 million as a part of its realignment and reinvestment plan in its IT organization to further enhance its technology platforms and introduce additional capabilities.
The report provides information and insights into Wendy's tech activities, including –
– Insights of its digital transformation strategies and innovation programs
– Overview of technology initiatives covering partnerships and product launches
– Insights on each technology initiative including technology theme, objective, and benefits
– Details of estimated ICT budgets and major ICT contracts
– Customers’ increasing demand for digital experiences has driven Wendy’s to place digital technologies at the core of its business strategy to deliver better customer experience and redefine its brand. To support its digital transformation strategy, in 2019 Wendy’s invested $25 million, of which $15 million was used for partnering with Accenture and the rest $10 million for installing digital scanners.
– As a part of its IT modernization strategy, Wendy’s worked with a data management technology provider Cohesity to strengthen and simplify the company’s data backup and recovery processes.
– In May 2019, Wendy’s partnered with Snapchat to leverage latter’s AR Marker Tech, a tool that connects digital world to real-world objects through a lens. Customers who buy a drink cup at Wendy’s can use the Snapcode featured on it to unlock the lens also known as filter.
– In December 2019, Wendy’s partnered with Pandora, a provider of subscription-based music streaming service to leverage the newly launched advertising format powered with Pandora’s voice technology within the music streaming service.
Reasons to buy
– Gain insights into Wendy's tech operations.
– Gain insights into its tech strategies and innovation initiatives.
– Gain insights into its technology themes under focus.
– Gain insights into various product launches and partnerships strategies.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
Digital Transformation Strategy
Partner Network Map
ICT Budget & Contracts