Smart Pharma – Technology brings Unprecedented Opportunities
- Pages: 49
- Published: March 2021
- Report Code: GDDT0209IL
Increased R&D costs, regulatory hurdles, and the emergence of new diseases are enforcing pharmaceutical companies to rethink their aging business models. The highly regulated pharma is slowly adopting emerging technologies to improve every aspect of the value chain, from drug discovery to patient care. Moreover, the urgency around the COVID-19 pandemic has accelerated the need to embrace digital technologies.
Pharma companies, researchers, innovators, and authorities aim to unlock the full potential of emerging technologies like AI, big data, IoT, robotics, and 3D printing. The report focuses on how the pharmaceutical sector is leveraging emerging technologies to drive innovation and marching towards massive transformation.
– Theme Exposure Map: presents the top themes impacting the sector over the last three years compared to other sectors.
– Patent Filings Chart: displays the top ten themes in the sector with the highest number of patent filings over the last three years.
– Innovation Map: key real-world innovation use cases of emerging technologies implemented by enterprises and startups in the sector.
– Innovation Insights: innovation examples by each value chain segment of the sector to present key trends.
– Vendor Map: represents a sample list of vendors in each use case highlighted in the report.
Innovations: presents real-world innovation use cases and examples related to the implementation of emerging technologies by companies as well as startups in the pharmaceutical sector. It casts light on how tech-enabled innovations are transforming every segment of the sector value chain.
Reasons to buy
– No surprise that technology has been a driving force in business transformation for years, but the term ‘emerging technologies’ has all of the sudden became the key catalyst to drive the next wave of innovation across sectors.
– The sense of urgency weighs different across different sectors, where the direct customer-facing sectors are at the forefront compared to other capital-intensive sectors. Companies in one sector can take cues from successful innovations in other sectors to either draw analogies with existing products, services and processes or transfer strategic approaches for a revolutionary transformation.
– Against this backdrop, enterprises need to understand which emerging technologies are impacting their sector and how various companies are implementing them to meet various challenges.
– The innovation landscape report in pharma, published by GlobalData as part of an ongoing series, covers some of the key trends, use cases, and real-world examples related to the implementation of emerging technologies across the pharma sector value chain.
Boehinger Ingelheim, Gero, Cold Spring, Nvidia, TwoXAR, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Exscientia, AstraZeneca, Elucid, Schreiner, TrialJectory, Deep 6, Agios, Evaluate, Cambridge Cognition, G42 Healthcare, FabRx, Aprecia, Vitronic, Optel, OnRobot, Vetter, Pii, BellatRx, Merck, Matternet, Wake Forest Baptist Health, OneEvent, SkyCell, Smartrac, IBM, Microsoft, Novartis, Abbott India, GoodRx, Medibox, BeMyEye, DotActive, Viscira, PatientKeeper, VeChain, BlueDot, Biobot, MicroSure, Washigton University School of Medicine, Doctor on Demand, Eko
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
1. Sector innovation insights: overview
2. What are the key sector strategic challenges faced?
3. Which technologies are helping the sector?
4. Theme exposure map: sector benchmarking
5 Patent filings: theme benchmarking
6 Innovation map by sector value chain: key use cases
6.1 Drug Discovery
6.2 Preclinical & Clinical Trials
6.4 Supply Chain & Distribution
6.5 Marketing & Sales
6.6 End Users
7 Vendor map by sector value chain: key use cases