Fintech 3.0 – The Revolutionary Impact of Technology in Banking
- Pages: 40
- Published: March 2021
- Report Code: GDDT0207IL
The banking sector is on the verge of massive technology upheaval. Increased usage of smart devices, improved connectivity, and hyper-demanding customers are driving the need for digital transformation in the sector. Emerging technologies like open banking are opening new opportunities for both incumbent banks and fintechs.
With a significant surge in online banking due to the COVID-19 pandemic, banks and fintechs are gearing up to handle the digital transformation and keep up with the new normal in consumer habits. Fintechs have witnessed accelerated adoption amongst consumers. The report focuses on how the banking and payments sector, along with fintech startups, is leveraging emerging technologies to drive innovation and marching towards massive transformation.
– Theme Exposure Map: presents the top themes impacting the sector over the last three years compared to other sectors.
– Patent Filings Chart: displays the top ten themes in the sector with the highest number of patent filings over the last three years.
– Innovation Map: key real-world innovation use cases of emerging technologies implemented by enterprises and startups in the sector.
– Innovation Insights: innovation examples by each value chain segment of the sector to present key trends.
– Vendor Map: represents a sample list of vendors in each use case highlighted in the report.
Innovations: presents real-world innovation use cases and examples related to the implementation of emerging technologies by companies as well as startups in the banking sector. It casts light on how tech-enabled innovations are transforming every segment of the sector value chain.
Reasons to buy
– No surprise that technology has been a driving force in business transformation for years, but the term ‘emerging technologies’ has all of the sudden became the key catalyst to drive the next wave of innovation across sectors.
– The sense of urgency weighs different across different sectors, where the direct customer-facing sectors are at the forefront compared to other capital-intensive sectors. Companies in one sector can take cues from successful innovations in other sectors to either draw analogies with existing products, services and processes or transfer strategic approaches for a revolutionary transformation.
– Against this backdrop, enterprises need to understand which emerging technologies are impacting their sector and how various companies are implementing them to meet various challenges. The innovation landscape report in banking & payments, published by GlobalData as part of an ongoing series, covers some of the key trends, use cases, and real-world examples related to the implementation of emerging technologies across the banking & payments sector value chain.
Coin Cloud, Instacoin, niiio, Barclays, CaixaBank, ShoCard, Deutsche Bank, Zelf, NatWest, Pathway Bank, Revolut, PeasyPay, Bottlepay, Paypal, ZA Bank, Atlantis, RBC, OCBC Bank, Klarna, Banko Santander, Neocova, Danske Bank, IDBI, Yotta, CredoLab, ICICI Bank, DeepTarget, DBS Bank, Karza, ING Turkey, Red Hat, ndgit, Stripe, Swan, 42Crunch, Citi Bank, Securekey, CTERA, Nutanix
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
1. Sector innovation insights: overview
2. What are the key sector strategic challenges faced?
3. Which technologies are helping the sector?
4. Theme exposure map: sector benchmarking
5 Patent filings: theme benchmarking
6 Innovation map by sector value chain: key use cases
6.2 Products & Services
7 Vendor map by sector value chain: key use cases