New Zealand Defense Market – Attractiveness, Competitive Landscape and Forecasts to 2026 report provides the market size forecast and the projected growth rate for the next five years. The report covers industry analysis including the key market drivers, emerging technology trends, and major challenges faced by market participants. It also offers insights regarding key factors and government programs that are expected to influence the demand for military platforms over the forecast period.
Over the historic period, the surge in New Zealand's defense expenditure, particularly in 2019, was mainly driven by the country's focus on modernizing its armed forces to protect its interests in the region amid the growing geopolitical influence of China in the region. Over 2017-2021, the New Zealand's defense expenditure grew at a CAGR of 6.40% and reached an all-time high of US$4.4 billion in 2019. However, due to the economic slow down, coupled with the outbreak of COVID-19, the New Zealand's defense expenditure declined to a low of US$2.6 billion in 2020. The country's defense expenditure nevertheless grew to value US$2.9 billion in 2021, due to the need to adequately finance the procurement of PA-8A, C-130J aircraft.Official documents have forecasted budget estimates until 2024. A marginal decline can be observed in these estimates. The CAGR for the forecast period is 1.76%. The cumulative defense budget over the forecasted period is estimated at US$15.5 billion compared to US$14.5 billion during the historic period 2017-2021. The defense expenditure is forecasted to reach US$3.3 billion in 2026.
This report offers detailed analysis of New Zealand's defense market with market size forecasts covering the next five years. This report will also analyze factors that influence demand for the industry, key market trends, and challenges faced by industry participants.
The defense expenditure is expected to be largely driven by China's increasing Influence, modernization of the armed forces and spread of terrorism in the country. The most attractive sectors in New Zealand's defense market are – military-fixed wing, naval vessels and surface combatants, military rotorcraft.
Who Should Buy
– Defence Startups, Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs), Defence Planners, Aerospace and Defence Integrators, Venture Capital Firms, Government Agencies, Head of Marketing, Head of Sales, CEOs and Senior Executives.
– The concerned stakeholders can utilize the report to identify high growth segments and customize their offerings to match the project requirements.
– The Venture Capital Firms can utilize the project details, growth rate, and market size to identify and fund high potential startups.
In particular, it provides an in-depth analysis of the following –
– New Zealand defense budget: detailed analysis of New Zealand FY2021 defense budget broken down into market size and market share. This is coupled with an examination of key current and future acquisitions.
– Regulation: the procurement policy and process is explained. This is coupled with an analysis of Japan military doctrine and strategy to provide a comprehensive overview of New Zealand's military regulation.
– Security Environment: political alliances and perceived security threats to New Zealand are examined; there help to explain trends in spending and modernisation.
– Import and Export Dynamics: analysis of prevalent trends in the country’s imports and exports over the last five years
– Competitive landscape and strategic insights: analysis of the competitive landscape of the New Zealand's defense industry.
Reasons to buy
– Determine prospective investment areas based on a detailed trend analysis of the New Zealand defense market over the next five years
– Gain in-depth understanding about the underlying factors driving demand for different defense and internal security segments in the New Zealand market and identify the opportunities offered.
– Strengthen your understanding of the market in terms of demand drivers, market trends, and the latest technological developments, among others
– Identify the major threats that are driving the New Zealand defense market providing a clear picture about future opportunities that can be tapped, resulting in revenue expansion
– Channel resources by focusing on the ongoing programs that are being undertaken by the New Zealand government
– Make correct business decisions based on in-depth analysis of the competitive landscape consisting of detailed profiles of the top defense equipment providers in the country. The company profiles also includes information about the key products, alliances, recent contract awarded, and financial analysis, wherever available
Lockheed Martin Corp
The Boeing Co
Thales Australia Ltd
General Dynamics Corp
Thales Australia Ltd
Vard Marine Inc
Jade Software Corporation Ltd
Martin Aircraft Company Ltd
Far North District Council
Beca Group Ltd
Eurocopter International Pacific (NZ) Pty ltd.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
Defense Budget Assessment
Defense Market Size Historical And Forecast
Drivers Of Defense Expenditure
Analysis Of Defense Budget Allocation
Key Market Trends and Insights
Military Doctrine And Security Environment
Military Doctrine And Strategy
Primary Threat Perception
Political And Strategic Alliances
Geopolitical Social And Economic Scenario
Market Entry Strategy And Regulations
Procurement Policy and Process
Market Entry Route
Major Deals and M&A
Market Attractiveness And Emerging Opportunities
Market Attractiveness, 2021 2026
Top Defense Segments By Value
Import And Export Market Dynamics
Import Market Dynamics
Export Market Dynamics
Defense Platform Acquisitions
Joint Remotely Piloted Aircraft Systems
Defense Companies Operating In New Zealand
Main Defense Companies
About This Report