Switzerand Defense Market – Attractiveness, Competitive Landscape and Forecasts to 2026
- Pages: 77
- Published: June 2021
- Report Code: GDDF0700MR
Switzerand Defense Market – Attractiveness, Competitive Landscape and Forecasts to 2026 report provides the market size forecast and the projected growth rate for the next five years. The report covers industry analysis including the key market drivers, emerging technology trends, and major challenges faced by market participants. It also offers insights regarding key factors and government programs that are expected to influence the demand for military platforms over the forecast period.
Switzerland's defense budget for FY2021 is set at US$7.94 bn, registering a Y-o-Y growth rate from 2020 of 0.4%. Defense spending is expected to grow over the forecast period with the country's prioritization of defense expenditure, as the country recovers from the economic consequences of the COVID-19 pandemic. This overall upward trajectory will witness Switzerland's total defense budget grow substantialy to FY2026, rising to US$8.57 billion with a CAGR of 0.86% for the forecast period.
Over the forecast period, the main drivers of Swiss defense expenditure will be the need to modernise its standing fleet in order to be able to defend is territorial integrity and sovereignty from outside attack. Despite Switzerland position of neutrality a modern fleet is needed for slef-defense and for Switzerland to be able to continue to participate in international humanitarian and peacekeeping missions.
Switzerland will continue to invest in key defense programs despite the economic challenges posed by the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. Many of these procurement programs are driven by Switzerland's desire to paritcipate in inteernational humanitarian and peacekeeping missions, as well as maintaining a fleet capable of self-defense – for example, the AIR 2030 program will provide Switzerland with fighter jets capable of responding to potential adversaries in Swiss airspace.
This report offers detailed analysis of Switzerland's defense market with market size forecasts covering the next five years. This report will also analyze factors that influence demand for the industry, key market trends, and challenges faced by industry participants.
Who Should Buy
– Defence Startup's, Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs), Defence Planners, Aerospace and Defence Integrators, Venture Capital Firms, Government Agencies, Head of Marketing, Head of Sales, CEOs and Senior Executives.
– The concerned stakeholders can utilize the report to identify high growth segments and customize their offerings to match the project requirements.
– The Venture Capital Firms can utilize the project details, growth rate, and market size to identify and fund high potential startups.
In particular, it provides an in-depth analysis of the following –
– Switzerland's defense budget: detailed analysis of Switzerland's FY2021 defense budget broken down into market size and market share. This is coupled with an examination of key current and future acquisitions.
– Regulation: the procurement policy and process is explained. This is coupled with an analysis of Switzerland's military doctrine and strategy to provide a comprehensive overview of Switzerland's military regulation.
– Security Environment: political alliances and perceived security threats to Switzerland are examined; there help to explain trends in spending and modernisation.
– Import and Export Dynamics: analysis of prevalent trends in the country’s imports and exports over the last five years
– Competitive landscape and strategic insights: analysis of the competitive landscape of the Swiss defense industry.
Reasons to buy
– Determine prospective investment areas based on a detailed trend analysis of the German defense market over the next five years
– Gain in-depth understanding about the underlying factors driving demand for different defense and internal security segments in the German market and identify the opportunities offered.
– Strengthen your understanding of the market in terms of demand drivers, market trends, and the latest technological developments, among others
– Identify the major threats that are driving the German defense market providing a clear picture about future opportunities that can be tapped, resulting in revenue expansion
– Channelize resources by focusing on the ongoing programs that are being undertaken by the German government
– Make correct business decisions based on in-depth analysis of the competitive landscape consisting of detailed profiles of the top defense equipment providers in the country. The company profiles also includes information about the key products, alliances, recent contract awarded, and financial analysis, wherever available
Raytheon Technologies Corp
RUAG International Holding AG
General Dynamics Corp
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
Defense Budget Assessment
Defense Market Size Historical And Forecast
Drivers Of Defense Expenditure
Analysis Of Defense Budget Allocation
Key Market Trends and Insights
Military Doctrine And Security Environment
Military Doctrine And Strategy
Primary Threat Perception
Political And Strategic Alliances
Geopolitical Social And Economic Scenario
Market Entry Strategy And Regulations
Procurement Policy and Process
Market Entry Route
Major Deals and M&A
Market Attractiveness And Emerging Opportunities
Market Attractiveness, 2020 2025
Top Defense Segments By Value
Import And Export Market Dynamics
Import Market Dynamics
Export Market Dynamics
Defense Platform Acquisitions
Defense acquisitions by value
MIM 104 PATRIOT
Mörser 16 Self Propelled Mortar Carrier
Special Vehicle APC
Defense Companies Operating In Switzerland
Main Defense Companies
About This Report