Algeria Defense Market – Attractiveness, Competitive Landscape and Forecasts to 2026
- Pages: 70
- Published: April 2021
- Report Code: GDDF0688MR
Algeria Defense Market – Attractiveness, Competitive Landscape and Forecasts to 2026 report provides the market size forecast and the projected Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) for the next five years. The report covers the industry analysis including the key market drivers, emerging technology trends, and major challenges faced by market participants. It also offers insights regarding key factors and government programs that are expected to influence the demand for maritime and border security market over the forecast period.
Algeria continues to grapple with terrorism, due to spillover from Libya and the presence of radical fundamentalists within the country. Also, the country aspires to achieve military supremacy in the region. Hence, it is investing in the procurement of multirole aircrafts, armored vehicles, frigates, helicopters etc. Other than new procurement plans, plans of military modernization are also expected to continue. It has been one of the topmost spenders in the world with respect to defense procurement and the same is anticipated for the future years.
Algeria has been the sixth largest importer in the world during 2016-2020. The increase in Algerian imports can be explained by an expressed desire to modernize the Algerian army in a context of regional tensions. The country has armed Its troops with high-end weapons and air-defense systems procured from Russia. For instance, Algeria has acquired the S-400 and Pantsir-SM air defense systems, Iskander ballistic missiles, and MiG-25 Foxbat interceptors. The Algerian Air Force is armed with premiere Russian fighters, including the Su-30MKA fighter, the MiG-29C medium fighter, the Su-24M dedicated strike fighter, and a single elite unit of heavily enhanced MiG-25 Foxbat interceptors. Reportedly it has also signed a deal for Su-57- fifth generation stealth aircraft.
This report offers detailed analysis of the Algerian defense market with market size forecasts covering the next five years. This report will also analyze factors that influence demand for the industry, key market trends, and challenges faced by industry participants.
– Algerian defense expenditure is expected to grow at a CAGR of 3.94% over the forecast period to reach US$11.4 billion in 2026.
– The Algerian defense market has three major sectors: Multirole aircraft, Armored Vehicles, Military Infrastructure and Logistics.
– Military fixed wing aircraft is expected to be the largest market sector in Algeria’s market for military fixed wing aircraft is anticipated to be US$427 million in 2021 and is projected to reach US$ 1325 million in 2026.Algeria has contracted with Russia to deliver Su-35s, Su-57s, Su-34s, Su-30s. Algeria signed a contract to acquire 14 Su-57 stealth fighters and became the first customer to whom the manufacturer Sukhoi will export this flagship of the Russian combat aircraft. The Algerian air force has also signed two more contracts for 14 Su-34 bombers and 14 Su-35. Over 2021-2026, Algeria’s Military fixed wing aircraft segment is anticipated to cumulatively amount for a market value of US$5240 million, making it the single largest segment.
Who Should Buy
– Defence Startup's, Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs), Defence Planners, Aerospace and Defence Integrators, Venture Capital Firms, Government Agencies, Head of Marketing, Head of Sales, CEOs and Senior Executives.
– The concerned stakeholders can utilize the report to identify high growth segments and customize their offerings to match the project requirements.
– The Venture Capital Firms can utilize the project details, growth rate, and market size to identify and fund high potential startups.
In particular, it provides an in-depth analysis of the following –
– The Algerian defense industry market size and drivers: detailed analysis of the Algeria's defense industry during 2022-2026, including highlights of the demand drivers and growth stimulators for the industry. It also provides a snapshot of the country’s expenditure and modernization patterns.
– Budget allocation and key challenges: insights into procurement schedules formulated within the country and a breakdown of the defense budget with respect to capital expenditure and revenue expenditure. It also details the key challenges faced by defense market participants within the country.
– Import and Export Dynamics: analysis of prevalent trends in the country’s imports and exports over the last five years
– Market opportunities:list of the top ten defense investment opportunities over the next 5 years.
– Competitive landscape and strategic insights: analysis of the competitive landscape of the Algerian defense industry.
Reasons to buy
– Determine prospective investment areas based on a detailed trend analysis of the Algerian defense market over the next five years
– Gain in-depth understanding about the underlying factors driving demand for different defense and internal security segments in the Algerian market and identify the opportunities offered.
– Strengthen your understanding of the market in terms of demand drivers, market trends, and the latest technological developments, among others
– Identify the major threats that are driving the Algerian defense market providing a clear picture about future opportunities that can be tapped, resulting in revenue expansion
– Channelize resources by focusing on the ongoing programs that are being undertaken by the Algerian government
– Make correct business decisions based on in-depth analysis of the competitive landscape consisting of detailed profiles of the top defense equipment providers in the country. The company profiles also includes information about the key products, alliances, recent contract awarded, and financial analysis, wherever available
JSC Sukhoi Company
ThyssenKrupp Marine Systems (TKMS)
Mil Moscow Helicopters Plant
Russian Aircraft Corporation
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
Defense Budget Assessment
Defense Market Size Historical And Forecast
Drivers Of Defense Expenditure
Analysis Of Defense Budget Allocation
Military Doctrine And Security Environment
Military Doctrine And Strategy
Primary Threat Perception
Political And Strategic Alliances
Geopolitical Social And Economic Scenario
Market Entry Strategy And Regulations
Procurement Policy and Process
Market Entry Route
Major Deals and M&A
Market Attractiveness And Emerging Opportunities
Market Attractiveness, 2021 2026
Top Defense Segments By Value
Import And Export Market Dynamics
Import Market Dynamics
Defense Platform Acquisitions
Meko A200 Frigate
Defense Companies Operating In Algeria
Main Defense Companies
About This Report