Turkey Defense Market – Attractiveness, Competitive Landscape and Forecasts to 2025
- Pages: 107
- Published: February 2021
- Report Code: GDDF0676MR
Turkey Defense Market – Attractiveness, Competitive Landscape and Forecasts to 2025 report provides the market size forecast and the projected growth rate for the next five years. The report covers industry analysis including the key market drivers, emerging technology trends, and major challenges faced by market participants. It also offers insights regarding key factors and government programs that are expected to influence the demand for military platforms over the forecast period.
Turkey’s defense budget for FY 2020 is set at US$14.8 bn, up from the previous year’s figure of US$13.9 bn. This trajectory is predicted to continue into the future period, as the total defense budget is set to reach a high in FY 2025 with US$17.5 bn. This increase is in line with Turkey’s 2019-2023 Strategic Plan, which seeks to increase investment into locally developed military platforms, in order to domestically procure 70% of its military equipment and position itself as a key export country. With a complex security environment such as heightening tensions with Greece in the Eastern Mediterranean and anti-PKK operations in Northern Iraq, Turkey has invested in several main acquisition projects to modernize and augment its fleet.
Although Turkey has been impacted substantially by the COVID-19 pandemic which has seen a decrease in their 2020 GDP figures by -1.33%, defense expenditure is predicted to slowly increase over the forecast period reaching a total of US$17.5bn in 2025.
In line with the 2019-2023 strategic vision, Turkey has sought to increase defense expenditure in order to invest in the domestic defense industry and the development of local platforms to meet the needs of the Turkish military. Spending on defense also witnessed an increase due to a number of primary threats to the country, such as the continued operations against the PKK and escalating tensions with Greece. The Turkish government continued to prioritize defense expenditure in 2020, despite the impact of COVID-19. Some of the main upcoming indigenously produced procurement projects for the Turkish Armed Forces include the development of the TF-X fighter aircraft, and the acquisitions of the TCG Andalou LHD, U-214 Submarines and Altay MBTs.
Victoria Bosomworth, Associate Aerospace and Defense Analyst at GlobalData, comments: “One of the fundamental drivers of the Turkish Government’s investment in defense has been a focus towards increasing the technological developments and capacity of its domestic defense sector, seeking greater autonomy in terms of indigenously produced military acquisitions, as well as attempting to position itself as one of the leading nations globally in terms of defense exports.
“A significant development in recent years that is indicative of the country’s defense prioritization has been the reorganization of government structures, whereby Turkey’s main procurement agency, the Presidency of Defence Industries (SSB), now reports directly to the president. However, efforts to develop domestic industry and capability are likely to be hindered more by geopolitical relations than by COVID-19, with Turkey currently attempting to re-join the F-35 program after being ejected for acquiring Russian S-400 missiles in 2019.”
This report offers detailed analysis of Turkey’s defense market with market size forecasts covering the next five years. This report will also analyze factors that influence demand for the industry, key market trends, and challenges faced by industry participants.
Who Should Buy
– Defence Startup’s, Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs), Defence Planners, Aerospace and Defence Integrators, Venture Capital Firms, Government Agencies, Head of Marketing, Head of Sales, CEOs and Senior Executives.
– The concerned stakeholders can utilize the report to identify high growth segments and customize their offerings to match the project requirements.
– The Venture Capital Firms can utilize the project details, growth rate, and market size to identify and fund high potential startups.
In particular, it provides an in-depth analysis of the following –
– Turkey’s defense budget: detailed analysis of Turkey’s FY2020 defense budget broken down into market size and market share. This is coupled with an examination of key current and future acquisitions.
– Regulation: the procurement policy and process is explained. This is coupled with an analysis of Turkey’s military doctrine and strategy to provide a comprehensive overview of Turkey’s military regulation.
– Security Environment: political alliances and perceived security threats to Turkey are examined; there help to explain trends in spending and modernisation.
– Import and Export Dynamics: analysis of prevalent trends in the country’s imports and exports over the last five years
– Competitive landscape and strategic insights: analysis of the competitive landscape of the Turkish defense industry.
Reasons to buy
– Determine prospective investment areas based on a detailed trend analysis of the Turkish defense market over the next five years
– Gain in-depth understanding about the underlying factors driving demand for different defense and internal security segments in the Turkish market and identify the opportunities offered.
– Strengthen your understanding of the market in terms of demand drivers, market trends, and the latest technological developments, among others
– Identify the major threats that are driving the Turkish defense market providing a clear picture about future opportunities that can be tapped, resulting in revenue expansion
– Channelize resources by focusing on the ongoing programs that are being undertaken by the Turkish government
– Make correct business decisions based on in-depth analysis of the competitive landscape consisting of detailed profiles of the top defense equipment providers in the country. The company profiles also includes information about the key products, alliances, recent contract awarded, and financial analysis, wherever available
Lockheed Martin Corp
Turkish Aerospace Industries Inc
BMC Otomotiv Sanayi ve Ticaret AS
Aselsan Elektronik Sanayi Ve Ticaret AS
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
Defense Budget Assessment
Defense Market Size Historical And Forecast
Drivers Of Defense Expenditure
Analysis Of Defense Budget Allocation
Military Doctrine And Security Environment
Military Doctrine And Strategy
Primary Threat Perception
Political And Strategic Alliances
Geopolitical Social And Economic Scenario
Market Entry Strategy And Regulations
Procurement Policy And Process
Market Entry Route
Market Attractiveness And Emerging Opportunities
Market Attractiveness, 2020-2025
Top Defense Segments By Value
Import And Export Market Dynamics
Import Market Dynamics
Export Market Dynamics
Defense Platform Acquisitions
Defense Platform Acquisitions By Value
TCG Andalou LHD
Altay MBT T1 & T2
Defense Companies Operating In Turkey
Main Defense Companies
About This Report