Blockchain and its associated technologies, burst into the public consciousness in 2015 after a relatively slow build-up spanning several years. In the years following, companies from countless industries have started to explore how the technology can be used to their advantage. However, blockchain is highly complex and not all companies and industries will find the technology easy to implement for their intended purpose or even possible to implement at all. The aerospace and defense industry is one of the key industries in this global roll-out and could potentially gain an enormous amount from it, in its supply chain, its products and its security systems.
Inside this report, we look at the top themes, its predictions and identify winners and losers.
This report is part of our ecosystem of thematic investment research reports, supported by our “thematic engine”. About our Thematic Research Ecosystem –
– GlobalData has developed a unique thematic methodology for valuing technology, media and telecom companies based on their relative strength in the big investment themes that are impacting their industry. Whilst most investment research is underpinned by backwards looking company valuation models, GlobalData’s thematic methodology identifies which companies are best placed to succeed in a future filled with multiple disruptive threats. To do this, GlobalData tracks the performance of the top 600 technology, media and telecom stocks against the 50 most important themes driving their earnings, generating 30,000 thematic scores. The algorithms in GlobalData’s “thematic engine” help to clearly identify the winners and losers within the TMT sector. Our 600 TMT stocks are categorised into 18 sectors. Each sector scorecard has a thematic screen, a risk screen and a valuation screen. Our thematic research ecosystem has a three-tiered reporting structure: single theme, multi-theme and sector scorecard. This report is a Multi-Theme report, covering all stocks, all sectors and all themes, giving readers a strong sense of how everything fits together and how conflicting themes might interact with one another.
Reasons to buy
– Our thematic investment research product, supported by our thematic engine, is aimed at senior (C-Suite) executives in the corporate world as well as institutional investors.
– Corporations: Helps CEOs in all industries understand the disruptive threats to their competitive landscape
– Investors: Helps fund managers focus their time on the most interesting investment opportunities in global Aerospace & Defense.
– Our unique differentiator, compared to all our rival thematic research houses, is that our thematic engine has a proven track record of predicting winners and losers.
Digital Asset Holdings
Credit China FinTech
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
TECHNOLOGY BRIEFING 4
What is blockchain? 4
How has blockchain technology developed over the last decade? 4
How does blockchain work? 5
Key benefits to blockchain 5
Industry trends 6
Institutional trends 7
Aerospace and defense trends 8
INDUSTRY ANALYSIS 10
Key use cases 13
Mergers and acquisitions 16
IMPACT OF BLOCKCHAIN ON AEROSPACE & DEFENSE 19
Industry case studies 20
Military case studies 20
Key recommendations for aerospace & defense vendors 21
VALUE CHAIN 22
Asset registries 23
Financial services platforms 24
Industrial platforms 25
COMPANIES SECTION 26
Public companies 26
Private companies 28
Aerospace and defense companies 30
APPENDIX: OUR THEMATIC RESEARCH METHODOLOGY 34