Country Profile: Confectionery in Belgium
- Pages: 100
- Published: October 2020
- Report Code: GDCSBG1MF
GlobalData’s Country Profile report on the confectionery sector in Belgium provides insights on high growth categories to target, trends in the usage of package materials, category level distribution channel data and market share of brands.
What else is contained?
– Sector data: Overall sector value and volume data with growth analysis for 2013-2023.
– Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for chocolate, gum, and sugar confectionery with inputs on individual segment share within each sector and the change in their market share forecast for 2018-2023.
– Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each sector through distribution channels such as hypermarkets & supermarkets, convenience stores, food & drinks specialists, drug stores & pharmacies, vending machines, “dollar Stores”, variety Stores & general merchandise retailers, cash & carries & warehouse clubs, eRetailers, and others
– Leading players: Market share of brands and private labels in both value and volume terms in 2018.
– Packaging data: consumption breakdown for package materials and pack types in each category, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Pack material data for flexible packaging, rigid plastics, rigid metal, paper & board and others; pack type data for: bag/sachet, film, carton – folding, wrapper, blister pack, tub, tray, foil and others.
– The per capita consumption of confectionery was higher in the Belgium compared to both the global and regional levels in 2018
– Chocolate is the largest category in the Belgium confectionery sector
– Hypermarkets & supermarkets is the leading distribution channel in the Belgium confectionery sector
– Haribo is the leading brand in value terms in the Belgium confectionery sector
– The health & wellness market is led by the sugar confectionery category in the Belgium confectionery sector
– Flexible packaging is the most commonly used pack material in the Belgium confectionery sector
– Older consumers account for the leading share in the consumption of confectionery in Belgium.
Reasons to buy
– Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
– Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
– Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
– Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion
– The packaging analysis report helps manufacturers, in identifying the most commonly used packaging materials in the sector
– Analysis on key macro-economic indicators such as real GDP, nominal GDP, consumer price index, household consumption expenditure, population (by age group, gender, rurral-urban split, and employed people and unemployment rate. It also includes economic summary of the country along with labor market and demographic trends.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
Belgium in the global and regional context
Belgium in the global and Western European confectionery sector
Belgium compared to other leading countries in the Western Europe
Per capita consumption and expenditure – Belgium compared to the Western Europe and global levels
Sector analysis – confectionery
Country snapshot – confectionery sector in Belgium
Value and volume analysis – confectionery sector in Belgium
Cross category comparison – value and growth rate
Change in category share by value
Cross category comparison – volume and growth rate
Change in category share by volume
Per capita consumption analysis by category
Category analysis: chocolate
Segment analysis (in value terms): chocolate
Segment analysis (in volume terms): chocolate
Category analysis: gum
Segment analysis (in value terms): gum
Segment analysis (in volume terms): gum
Category analysis: sugar confectionery
Segment analysis (in value terms): sugar confectionery
Segment analysis (in volume terms): sugar confectionery
Distribution channel share analysis: confectionery
Distribution channel share analysis by category
Brand share analysis by sector
Brand share analysis by category
Private label share analysis by category
Growth of private labels compared to branded products
Degree of consolidation/fragmentation by category
Health & wellness
Health & wellness trend analysis
Health & wellness market analysis by product attribute
Health & wellness market analysis by consumer benefit
Category comparison – with health & wellness claims and without health & wellness claims
Primary outer type
Economic summary, labor market trends, and demographic trends
GlobalData country risk index (GCRI)