Construction in Mongolia – Key Trends and Opportunities (H1 2021)
- Pages: 17
- Published: May 2021
- Report Code: GDCN0673MR
The Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic significantly disrupted Mongolia’s economy, with containment measures bringing many key sectors to a standstill and causing a decline in construction output last year. Mongolia’s construction industry thus contracted by 7.4% in real terms in 2020, following an annual growth of 8% in 2019. The industry’s output value, measured at constant 2017 US dollar exchange rates, decreased from US$2 billion in 2019 to US$1.8 billion in 2020.
GlobalData expects the construction industry to recover in 2021, growing by 5.3% in real terms, and then expand at an annual average rate of 3.4% between 2022 and 2025. Over the forecast period, the industry’s output is expected to be supported by the government’s investment on the development of transport infrastructure, residential and energy and utilities construction projects. Improvements in consumer and investor confidence and positive developments in regional economic conditions will also provide momentum.
In November 2020, the Parliament of Mongolia approved the state budget for the fiscal year 2021 (FY2021). The 2021 budget is MNT14 trillion (US$5 billion), which is lower than the 2020 budget of MNT14.6 trillion (US$5.5 billion). In the 2021 budget, the government stated that it will continue to focus on social development sectors and implement major projects. The government allocated MNT1.4 trillion (US$495 million) to finance 1,100 projects and activities in the country. Moreover, the government reimbursed MNT266.3 billion (US$94.8 million) for five projects and activities implemented under the ‘Build-Transfer’ concession plan.
GlobalData’s "Construction in Mongolia – Key Trends and Opportunities (H1 2021)" report provides detailed market analysis, information, and insights into Mongolia’s construction industry, including –
– Mongolia’s construction industry's growth prospects by market, project type and construction activity
– Critical insight into the impact of industry trends and issues, as well as an analysis of key risks and opportunities in Mongolia’s construction industry
– Analysis of the mega-project pipeline, focusing on development stages and participants, in addition to listings of major projects in the pipeline.
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the construction industry in Mongolia. It provides –
– Historical (2016-2020) and forecast (2021-2025) valuations of the construction industry in Mongolia, featuring details of key growth drivers.
– Segmentation by sector (commercial, industrial, infrastructure, energy and utilities, institutional and residential) and by sub-sector
– Analysis of the mega-project pipeline, including breakdowns by development stage across all sectors, and projected spending on projects in the existing pipeline.
– Listings of major projects, in addition to details of leading contractors and consultants
Reasons to buy
– Identify and evaluate market opportunities using GlobalData's standardized valuation and forecasting methodologies.
– Assess market growth potential at a micro-level with over 600 time-series data forecasts.
– Understand the latest industry and market trends.
– Formulate and validate strategy using GlobalData's critical and actionable insight.
– Assess business risks, including cost, regulatory and competitive pressures.
– Evaluate competitive risk and success factors.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
1. Construction Outlook
2. Construction Industry: At-a-Glance
3. Latest News and Developments
4. Project Analytics
5. Construction Market Data
6. About GlobalData
List of Tables
List of Tables
Table 1: Construction Industry Key Data
Table 2: Mongolia, Top Construction Projects by Value
Table 3: Mongolia, Construction Output Value (Real, US$ Million)
Table 4: Mongolia, Construction Output Value (Nominal, MNT Billion)
Table 5: GlobalData Construction Market Definitions
List of Figures
List of Figures
Figure 1: Mongolia, Construction Output Value (Real, US$ Million, 2017 Prices and Exchange Rate), 2016-2025
Figure 2: Mongolia, Construction Output Value, by Sector (Real, US$ Million), 2016-2025
Figure 3: East Asia, Construction Output (Real % Change), 2020 and 2021
Figure 4: Mongolia, Construction Projects Pipeline by Sector (US$ Million)
Figure 5: Mongolia, Construction Value-Add (MNT Million, 2010 Constant Prices)
Figure 6: Mongolia, Gross Fixed Capital Formation (MNT Billion, 2010 Constant Prices)
Figure 7: Mongolia, Service Sector Value-Add (MNT Million, 2010 Constant Prices)
Figure 8: Mongolia, Exports (In US$ Million)
Figure 9: Indonesia, Number of Inbound Foreign Passengers
Figure 10: Mongolia, Construction Projects Pipeline, Value by Stage (US$ Million)