Construction in Ecuador – Key Trends and Opportunities (H1 2021)
- Pages: 17
- Published: May 2021
- Report Code: GDCN0658MR
The Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic significantly disrupted Ecuador’s economy, with containment measures bringing many key sectors to a standstill and causing a decline in construction output last year. According to the Central Bank of Ecuador (BCE), construction activity contracted by 13% year on year (YoY) in Q4 2020, compared to declines of 14.1% in Q3 and 13.4% in Q2 2020. On the whole, Ecuador’s construction industry fell by 11.1% in real terms in 2020, following an annual contraction of 4.7% in 2019. The industry’s output value, measured at constant 2017 US dollar exchange rates, decreased from US$19.3 billion in 2019 to US$17.2 billion in 2020.
GlobalData expects Ecuador’s construction industry to remain weak in 2021, declining by 3.5% in real terms, but is forecast to partially recover by 3.6% in real terms in 2022, and then expand at an annual average rate of 2.9% between 2023 and 2025. Growth is expected to be supported by the government’s efforts to raise investment in transport infrastructure, residential and energy and utilities construction projects. The government’s plan to develop affordable housing is expected to drive the expansion of the industry in the coming years. Improving external conditions will also help to strengthen consumer and business confidence, while the surprising victory of conservative Guillermo Lasso in April’s presidential election should reduce political uncertainty and raise the prospects of a market-friendly policy agenda.
GlobalData’s "Construction in Ecuador – Key Trends and Opportunities (H1 2021)" report provides detailed market analysis, information, and insights into Ecuador's construction industry, including –
– Ecuador's construction industry's growth prospects by market, project type and construction activity
– Critical insight into the impact of industry trends and issues, as well as an analysis of key risks and opportunities in Ecuador's construction industry
– Analysis of the mega-project pipeline, focusing on development stages and participants, in addition to listings of major projects in the pipeline.
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the construction industry in Ecuador. It provides –
– Historical (2016-2020) and forecast (2021-2025) valuations of the construction industry in Ecuador, featuring details of key growth drivers.
– Segmentation by sector (commercial, industrial, infrastructure, energy and utilities, institutional and residential) and by sub-sector
– Analysis of the mega-project pipeline, including breakdowns by development stage across all sectors, and projected spending on projects in the existing pipeline.
– Listings of major projects, in addition to details of leading contractors and consultants
Reasons to buy
– Identify and evaluate market opportunities using GlobalData's standardized valuation and forecasting methodologies.
– Assess market growth potential at a micro-level with over 600 time-series data forecasts.
– Understand the latest industry and market trends.
– Formulate and validate strategy using GlobalData's critical and actionable insight.
– Assess business risks, including cost, regulatory and competitive pressures.
– Evaluate competitive risk and success factors.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
1 Construction Outlook
2 Construction Industry: At-a-Glance
3 Latest News and Developments
4 Project Analytics
5 Construction Market Data
6 About GlobalData
List of Tables
List of Tables
Table 1: Construction Industry Key Data
Table 2: Ecuador, Top Construction Projects by Value
Table 3: Ecuador, Construction Output Value (Real, US$ Million)
Table 4: Ecuador, Construction Output Value (Nominal, US$ Million)
Table 5: GlobalData Construction Market Definitions
List of Figures
List of Figures
Figure 1: Ecuador, Construction Output Value (Real, US$ Million, 2017 Prices and Exchange Rate), 2016-2025
Figure 2: Ecuador, Construction Output Value, by Sector (Real, US$ Million), 2016-2025
Figure 3: South and Central America, Construction Output (Real % Change), 2020 and 2021
Figure 4: Ecuador, Construction Projects Pipeline by Sector (US$ Million)
Figure 5: Ecuador, Construction Value-Add (US$ Million, 2007 Constant Prices)
Figure 6: Ecuador, Gross Fixed Capital Formation (US$ Million, 2007 Constant Prices)
Figure 7: Ecuador, Oil Sector’s Value-Add (US$ Million, 2007 Constant Prices)
Figure 8: Ecuador, Total Exports (US$ Million)
Figure 9: Ecuador, Accommodation and Food Services Value-Add (US$ Million, 2007 Constant Prices)
Figure 10: Ecuador, Petroleum Refining Sector Value-Add (US$ Million, 2007 Constant Prices)
Figure 11: Ecuador, Construction Projects Pipeline, Value by Stage (US$ Million)