Construction in Cameroon – Key Trends and Opportunities (H1 2021)
- Pages: 17
- Published: February 2021
- Report Code: GDCN0625MR
Cameroon’s construction industry is expected to expand by 3.8% in real terms in 2021 – up from an estimated growth of 2.7% in 2020. Although the outbreak of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic has not affected the construction industry severely, work on some construction projects was delayed last year. Notably, progress on key construction projects in the cities of Yaounde, Douala, Garoua, Bafoussam, Limbe and Buea had slowed down due to the pandemic.
The government also had to cut its 2020 state budget by 11%, from CFA5 trillion (US$8.3 billion) to CFA4.4 trillion (US$7.4 billion), owing to the pandemic’s impact on government revenue – this weighed on public investments last year. In another setback for the construction industry, the country’s economy was also affected by the collapse in crude oil and Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) prices. The public industrial and commercial company National Hydrocarbons Corporation (SNH) generated CFA262.7 billion (US$441 million) in net revenue from oil sales during the first 10 months of 2020, which marks a 33.1% year-on-year (Y-o-Y) contraction.
GlobalData expects Cameroon’s construction industry to register annual growth in the range of 5.3-5.9% between 2022-2025. The industry’s growth over the forecast period will be supported by the Stratégie Nationale de Développement 2020-2030 (National Development Strategy – known as ‘SND30’), unveiled in November 2020, under which the government plans to invest CFA37.5 trillion (US$63 billion) on flagship plans, programs, and projects until 2030. It also plans to increase the contribution of the secondary sector to the country’s GDP from 28.2% in 2018 to 36.8% in 2030. To achieve this, it will focus on nine sub-sectors, including construction, energy, petrochemicals and hydrocarbons, manufacturing, and mining, among others.
This report provides detailed market analysis, information, and insights into Cameroon’s construction industry, including –
– Cameroon’s construction industry's growth prospects by market, project type and construction activity
– Critical insight into the impact of industry trends and issues, as well as an analysis of key risks and opportunities in Cameroon’s construction industry
– Analysis of the mega-project pipeline, focusing on development stages and participants, in addition to listings of major projects in the pipeline.
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the construction industry in Cameroon. It provides –
– Historical (2016-2020) and forecast (2021-2025) valuations of the construction industry in Cameroon, featuring details of key growth drivers.
– Segmentation by sector (commercial, industrial, infrastructure, energy and utilities, institutional and residential) and by sub-sector
– Analysis of the mega-project pipeline, including breakdowns by development stage across all sectors, and projected spending on projects in the existing pipeline.
– Listings of major projects, in addition to details of leading contractors and consultants
Reasons to buy
– Identify and evaluate market opportunities using GlobalData's standardized valuation and forecasting methodologies.
– Assess market growth potential at a micro-level with over 600 time-series data forecasts.
– Understand the latest industry and market trends.
– Formulate and validate strategy using GlobalData's critical and actionable insight.
– Assess business risks, including cost, regulatory and competitive pressures.
– Evaluate competitive risk and success factors.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
1 Construction Outlook
2 Construction Industry: At-a-Glance
3 Latest news and developments
4 Project Analytics
5 Construction Market Data
6 About GlobalData
List of Tables
List of Tables
Table 1: Construction Industry Key Data
Table 2: Cameroon, Top Construction Projects by Value
Table 3: Cameroon, Construction Output Value (Real, US$ Million)
Table 4: Cameroon, Construction Output Value (Nominal, CFA Billion)
Table 5: GlobalData Construction Market Definitions
List of Figures
List of Figures
Figure 1: Cameroon, Construction Output Value (Real, US$ Million, 2017 Prices and Exchange Rate), 2016-2025
Figure 2: Cameroon, Construction Output Value, by Sector (Real, US$ Million), 2016-2025
Figure 3: Sub-Saharan Africa, Construction Output (Real % Change), 2020 and 2021
Figure 4: Cameroon, Construction Projects Pipeline by Sector (US$ Million)
Figure 5: Cameroon, Construction Value Add, in CFA Billion (% Change YoY, at Constant Prices)
Figure 6: Cameroon, Industrial and Manufacturing Production Indices, 2011=100
Figure 7: Cameroon, Construction Projects Pipeline, Value by Stage (US$ Million)