TOTAL to Acquire 25.4% Interest in AE Polysilicon
- Pages: 10
- Published: June 2010
- Report Code: GDAE0074MA
TOTAL Gas & Power USA, acquired a 25.4% stake in AE Polysilicon Corporation (AEP). As a part of the deal, the companies entered into technical cooperation and signed agreements for the supply of high purity granular polysilicon. The execution of the deal will enable TOTAL to expand its product portfolio, gain technological expertise and bolster its position in the solar industry. On the other hand, the execution of the current deal will give AEP sufficient capital to continue its growth plans.
The scope of the report includes –
1. The information related to the financing of the wind farm.
2. A brief on company, AE Polysilicon Corporation (AEP), TOTAL S.A. (TOTAL) and Motech Industries Inc.
3. Comparison of minority acquisition deals in solar pv sector.
4. The rationale behind acquisition by TOTAL.
5. The rationale of the deal
Reasons to buy
The Deal Report attempts to focus on the reason behind the acquisition. It will allow the reader to:
1. Understand the reasons for the acquisition
2. Analyze similar acquisition in the region and compare with the investment in the other regions.
3. Assists in understanding the dynamics of supermajors in the renewable energy sector.
Table of Contents
List of Tables
List of Figures