First Solar To Acquire NextLight Renewable Power
- Pages: 5
- Published: May 2010
- Report Code: GDAE0056MA
First Solar, Inc., a solar thin film manufacturing company, entered into a definitive agreement to acquire NextLight Renewable Power, LLC, a developer of utility scale solar projects, in an all-cash transaction valued at $285m. The acquisition will include 570MW of power purchase agreements with western utilities and 530MW of PV projects in various stages of development. Thus, First Solar will add 1,100MW as a result of this acquisition, increasing its contracted solar PV pipeline to 2,200MW. The execution of the deal will solidify First Solar's position as a leader in the US utility renewable power market. The transaction is subject to certain closing adjustments and is expected to be completed in the third quarter of 2010.
The scope of the report includes –
1. The information related to the acquisition of NextLight Renewable Power, LLC.
2. A brief on companies First Solar, Inc. and NextLight Renewable Power, LLC
3. Comparison of deals in the Solar PV Sector
4. The rationale behind acquisition by First Solar
Reasons to buy
The Deal Report attempts to focus on the reason behind the acquisition by First Solar. It will allow the reader to:
1. Understand the reasons for the acquisition.
2. Analyze similar acquisition opportunities in the region and compare with the acquisition in the other regions.
3. Assists in understanding the solar market of US.
Table of Contents
List of Tables
List of Figures