"ICT Investment Trends in India", presents the findings from a survey of 150 Indian enterprises regarding their Information & Communications Technology (ICT) investment trends. The survey investigates how Indian enterprises currently allocate their ICT budgets across the core areas of enterprise ICT expenditure: hardware, software, IT services, communications, and consulting.
Despite its bold economic reforms and demonetization initiative, India is pegged to remain one of the fastest growing economies with an expected GDP growth rate of around 7.4% in the current financial year (2017-2018), making it one of the popular ICT investment destination. The survey shows that Indian enterprises are keen to invest in core technologies, including software, hardware, and IT services, in order to improve their efficiency and productivity. SaaS dominated Indian enterprises’ total cloud computing expenditure in 2016, as respondents allocated significant proportion of their total cloud computing budget to this solution area.
The report illustrates the core technologies that enterprises are investing in, including mobility management, communications & collaboration, IoT, and cloud computing. The survey also highlights the approach to purchasing technology adopted by enterprises in India. Through GlobalData’s survey, the report aims to provide a better insight to ICT vendors and service providers when pitching their solutions to enterprises in India.
In particular, it provides an in-depth analysis of the following –
– How ICT budgets are set to change in 2017 in terms of their overall size
– Allocation across the core elements of IT spend, including hardware, software, services, communications, and consulting
– Distribution of ICT money in areas such as the networks, applications, service desk, and data centers
– Which ICT functions Indian enterprises are interested in outsourcing
– Indian enterprises’ investment priorities based on their budget allocations across core technology categories such as mobility management, communications & collaboration, IoT, and cloud computing
– Factors that are influencing Indian enterprises’ investments in each technology category
– How Indian enterprises’ IT budgets are currently allocated across various segments within a technology category
– Indian enterprises’ distribution of their ICT budget across various segments within a technology category
– Vendor satisfaction ratings for various core and advanced technology categories
– Insight into Indian enterprises’ preferred buying approaches
– Business objectives that Indian enterprises are looking to achieve through their IT investment strategies
– Factors that are influencing Indian enterprises’ decisions to select an ICT provider
– The survey shows that Indian enterprises are keen to invest in core technologies, including software, hardware, and IT services, in order to improve their efficiency and productivity.
– Cloud computing is also gaining popularity among Indian enterprises, with software as a service (SaaS) and private cloud expected to witness significant investment in 2017.
– Moreover, in order to support wide spread workforces, Indian enterprises are looking to enhance their communications infrastructure, and are planning to increase their expenditure on communications & collaboration solutions.
Reasons to Buy
– Understand how the Indian enterprise ICT landscape is set to change in 2017 to prioritize your target market
– Comprehend how ICT money are being allocated by Indian enterprises in specific verticals and size bands to improve your market penetration
– Make effective business decisions by recognizing the opportunities within each of the core areas of ICT spend (hardware, software, IT services, telecommunications, and consulting)
– Realign your sales initiatives by understanding the current strategic objectives of Indian enterprises
– Enhance your market segmentation with the included, detailed breakdown of opportunities within selected technology categories (mobility management, communications & collaboration, IoT, and cloud computing)
– Prioritize your focus areas by understanding which factors are influencing Indian enterprises’ decisions when selecting an ICT provider
– Understand the changes in customers’ priorities and identify the business objectives that Indian enterprises are looking to achieve through their ICT investment strategies
Vodafone One Net
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
Key implications for ICT vendors
ICT budget changes
ICT budget allocation by core technology area
Hardware budget breakdown
Software budget breakdown
Third party IT services expenditure
Cloud computing budget
ICT budget allocation by function
Outsourced IT functions
ICT investment priorities and vendor satisfaction
Communications & collaboration
Internet of things (IoT)
Business objectives influencing IT investment strategy
ICT provider selection
Key decision makers for purchasing technology