Taiwan Wealth Management: Market Sizing and Opportunities to 2022
- Pages: 108
- Published: September 2019
- Report Code: FS0278CI
Taiwan’s affluent population (comprising high-net-worth [HNW] and mass affluent individuals) accounted for just over a quarter of the country’s total adult population in 2018. However, the segment held 80.7% of the country’s total onshore liquid assets, with mass affluents alone holding more than half. HNW individuals in Taiwan hold the majority of their wealth in traditional liquid assets such as equities, mutual funds, and bonds – a trend that is anticipated to continue through to 2022.
This report analyzes Taiwan’s wealth and retail savings and investments markets, with a focus on the HNW segment. This includes the overall affluent market size (both by the number of individuals and the value of their liquid assets) as well as a breakdown of liquid vs. illiquid HNW holdings. The report also provides analysis of the factors driving liquid asset growth, including a breakdown and forecast of all retail savings and investments split by asset classes including deposits, mutual funds, equities, and bonds.
– Taiwan’s retail savings and investments market reached a value of almost $1.5tn in 2018, recording a compound annual growth rate of 3.7% in the four years leading up to this.
– Deposits maintained their dominance in Taiwan’s retail investment portfolio, reaching a value of $1.1tn in 2018.
– 43.8% of Taiwanese HNW investors’ wealth is held outside of the country, with local economic instability and currency volatility being the main reasons to invest offshore.
Reasons to buy
– Make strategic decisions using top-level historic and forecast data on Taiwan’s wealth industry.
– Identify the most promising client segment by analyzing the penetration of affluent individuals.
– Receive detailed insights on retail liquid asset holdings in Taiwan, including deposits, mutual funds, equities, and bonds.
– Understand the changing market and competitive dynamics by learning about new competitors and recent deals in the wealth space.
Bank of Taiwan
Taiwan Co-operative Bank
Cathay United Bank
Chinatrust Commercial Bank
E.SUN Commercial Bank
Taishin International Bank
Union Bank of Taiwan
Shin Kong Commercial Bank
Taipei Fubon Bank
Paradigm Asset Management
Amundi Asset Management
Mirae Asset Global Investments (Taiwan)
Australia and New Zealand Banking Group
First Financial Holding
First-Aviva Life Insurance
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
Taiwan’s Wealth Market
Resident Retail Savings and Investments