UK Home Emergency Insurance and Home Services 2018
- Pages: 39
- Published: October 2018
- Report Code: FS0163IA
"UK Home Emergency Insurance and Home Services 2018", report provides an in-depth analysis of the UK home emergency insurance and home services market. Among the points discussed include the size of the market, the current and forecasted value of home emergency GWP, as well as the use of smart technology in the home.
The home emergency (and home services) market declined slightly in 2017, as market leader British Gas saw a reduction in its GWP. Competition within the market is increasing gradually, as more providers seek to expand on the core products that center around boiler cover. However, the market – and the benchmark for propositions – remains dominated by British Gas. Technological advances are gradually providing opportunities for providers to develop policies that aim to prevent claims from occurring. This is a nascent segment, with only early adopters currently offering such policies. With these continuing developments the market is forecast to continue growing incrementally.
– British Gas continues to dominate the market despite losing customers in 2017 and GWP in 2018.
– The Aviva-HomeServe partnership is starting to present a challenge, however.
– Home emergency customers typically purchase the more expensive but most comprehensive levels of cover, being heavily invested in the upkeep of their properties.
– Smart home technology will gradually allow for a more preventative insurance policy.
Reasons to buy
– Discover which providers lead the way in the home emergency insurance and home services space and how providers are revolutionizing the market through new innovations.
– Become informed about the “connected home” concept, and the application of these products to general insurance and the home emergency and home services market.
– Assess your current market position relative to the market leaders.
Legal & General
Domestic & General
Scottish & Southern Energy
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
The UK Home Emergency Insurance Market
The Main Providers