Payment Company Profile: Square
- Pages: 18
- Published: March 2019
- Report Code: FS0075CA
Square is a US-based payment services provider. It enables businesses to accept payments through methods including debit and credit cards issued by all major scheme providers (including Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Diners Club, and China UnionPay), as well as NFC-based solutions such as Google Pay and Apple Pay.
For offline payments, Square offers an array of traditional and mobile point of sale (mPOS) solutions for payment acceptance via magnetic stripe, chip, and NFC cards and payment solutions. It also enables online payments through Square Checkout and e-commerce APIs. Square point of sale (POS) solutions are used by a number of retail stores, including prominent brands such as Apple, Amazon, Best Buy, Staples, Target, and Walgreens.
Square also offers fund transfers to both consumers and businesses through the Square Cash app. The app can be used by individuals to send money to friends and family, while businesses can use it to accept payments for goods and services. Square also extends credit to partner merchants through Square Capital. In January 2018, Square enabled its users to buy and sell bitcoin using its Cash app. Launched in the US in 2009, the company has since extended its services to a number of international markets.
The report provides information and insights into payment company profile Square, including –
– Detailed insight into its business
– Comprehensive coverage of its products and services
– Comparative assessment with key payment company profiles
– Information on its performance, including its revenue model
– The company's important events and milestones.
– In February 2009, Square Inc. founded in the US.
– In October 2013, Square launched the Square Cash app for money transfers.
– In May 2017, Square launched physical debit card for Square Cash app users.
– In January 2018, Square enabled users to buy and sell bitcoin in its Cash app.
Reasons to buy
– Gain insights into Square's business operations and key events.
– Gain insights into its product portfolio and revenue model.
– Assess the competitive dynamics in the alternative payments industry by comparing its performance against competitors.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
Products & Services