The beverages consumption volume in El Salvador was 742.7 million liters (ML) in Q4-2020. The sports drinks category recorded robust growth during the quarter owing to a strong consumer focus on health-oriented beverages. Within alcoholic drinks, all categories barring beer and cider recorded volume declines during the quarter. Low-/no-calorie variants of beer and cider drove sales for the industry as consumers sought healthier options, in line with the growing health & wellness trend.
What are the key categories in the El Salvador beverages market?
The key categories in the El Salvador beverages market are soft drinks, hot drinks, alcoholic drinks, and dairy & soy drinks & milk alternatives. Soft drinks had the highest market share in the El Salvador beverages market in Q4 2020 followed by hot drinks, dairy & soy drinks & milk alternatives, and alcoholic drinks.
The soft drinks category can be further segmented into packaged water, bulk/HOD water, enhanced water, flavored water, carbonates, juice, nectars, still drinks, squash/syrups, fruit powders, iced/RTD tea drinks, iced/RTD coffee drinks, sports drinks, and energy drinks. Bulk/HOD water was the largest segment in the El Salvador soft drinks category in Q4-2020 followed by carbonates and fruit powders.
The hot drinks category can be further segmented into hot coffee, hot tea, and other hot drinks. Hot coffee was the largest segment in the El Salvador hot drinks category in Q4-2020 followed by hot tea and other hot drinks.
The alcoholic drinks category can be further segmented into beer, cider, flavored alcoholic beverages, fortified wine, brandy, gin & genever, liqueurs, rum, sorghum beer, sparkling wine, specialty spirits, still wine, tequila & mezcal, vodka, and whiskey. Beer was the largest segment in the El Salvador alcoholic drinks category in Q4-2020 followed by whiskey and Rum.
Dairy & soy drinks & milk alternatives
The dairy & soy drinks & milk alternatives category can be further segmented into condensed milk, drinking yogurt, evaporated milk, fermented milk, flavored milk, grain, nut, rice, and seed milk alternative drinks, soymilk, and white milk. White milk was the largest segment in the El Salvador dairy & soy drinks & milk alternatives category in Q4-2020 followed by soymilk and flavored milk.
El Salvador beverages market, by categories
For more category insights, download a free report sample
Market report scope
|Consumption volume (Q4 – 2020)||742.7 ML|
|Time period||Q4 2021|
|Key categories||Hot Drinks, Soft Drinks, Alcoholic Drinks, and Dairy & Soy Drinks & Milk Alternatives|
GlobalData’s El Salvador Quarterly Beverage Tracker Q4-21 covering soft drinks, dairy drinks, hot drinks, and alcoholic drinks is an essential tool for keeping up to date with the latest industry performance and developments every quarter, covering:
- Topline consumption volumes for Q4-2021 vs Q4-2020, moving annual totals (MAT), the full year 2020 provisional data, and 2021 forecasts for all beverage categories.
- Carbonates consumption data for Q4-2021 vs Q4-2020, moving annual totals (MAT), the full year 2020 provisional data, and 2021 forecasts split by regular vs low calorie, and key flavor.
- An economic mood indicator with a glance assessment of industry confidence levels, private label performance vs brands, and price trends.
- Insightful and valuable analysis of the drivers behind the latest quarterly trends and assumptions for the full year 2021.
Reasons to Buy
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the most up-to-date trends in the El Salvador beverage industry to support and enhance your strategic planning.
- Investigate the latest quarterly and emerging annual trends in El Salvador to back your marketing initiatives.
- Analyze the latest beverage category 2022 forecast projections to make well-informed decisions on the outlook in the marketplace for your company.
- View a selection of the key quarterly new soft drinks product launches and identify competitor activity.
- Access a quarterly Special Focus on a current industry ‘hot topic’ offering qualitative insight from local consultants to determine opportunities for product innovation.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
1. Executive Summary
2. At A Glance
3. Market Environment
4. Category Summary, Outlook and New Products
Dairy & Soy Drinks & Milk Alternatives
5. Quarterly Industry Updates
6. Data Tables
7. Forecasting Methodology
Frequently Asked Questions
The beverages consumption volume in El Salvador was 742.7 ML in Q4-2020.
The key categories in the beverages market in El Salvador are soft drinks, hot drinks, alcoholic drinks, and dairy & soy drinks & milk alternatives.