COVID-19 Impact on McDonald’s
- Pages: 9
- Published: June 2020
- Report Code: CSCV2020CI
COVID-19 Impact on McDonald's May 21st, 2020 based on market analysis and brand diversification by industry and geography
All companies in the foodservice sector will see a decline in revenues owing to the spread of Coronavirus cases across the world. McDonald's over-dependence on the US might hurt the company's efforts in warding off the worst effects of the pandemic. Burger QSR cuisine sales are projected to be most affected in North America, although its other major contributing regions-Western Europe and Asia-are also to be heavily impacted.
– McDonald's restaurants are set to lose $16.7bn due to the pandemic, if its sales perform in line with the market
– Sales of McDonald's are likely to be impacted as North America and Western Europe continue to fight the disease outbreak
– Burger QSRs are likely to be most affected in North America during the COVID-19 outbreak
– As a burger QSR player, McDonald's business in North America is at high risk
Reasons to buy
– Understand the challenges and opportunities for a specific company in order to tap into what is really impacting the industry.
– Gain a broader appreciation of the industry by gaining insights from both within and outside of your sector.
– Access valuable strategic take-outs to help direct future decision-making and inform new product development.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
COVID-19 impact analysis on McDonald's – key findings as of 21th May, 2020
Geographic spread analysis – COVID-19 vs McDonald's brand sales
Global impact: cuisine type vs regional impact levels
McDonald's exposure: sales by channel and cuisine vs regions impact levels