COVID-19 Impact on Shiseido
- Pages: 11
- Published: April 2020
- Report Code: CSCV2007CI
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Company Impact: Shiseido reports key findings as of April 16, 2020 based on market analysis and brand diversification by industry and geography.
Shiseido's low geographic and business diversification implies the company has limited resilience to the COVID-19 outbreak. The company is expected to adopt a defensive stance to brace for the impact of the pandemic, and take steps to expand its base in less affected markets in order to mitigate some of the business impact of the disease.
– Shiseido is expected to step up its focus on Asian markets in order to offset the impact of COVID-19 in the West.
– Due to its geographic concentration Shiseido remains highly exposed to the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic.
– While categories such as skincare are expected to fare better during the crisis, the gains will be negated by underperforming categories such as make-up.
Reasons to buy
– Understand the challenges and opportunities for a specific company in order to tap into what is really impacting the industry.
– Gain a broader appreciation of the fast-moving consumer goods industry by gaining insights from both within and outside of your sector.
– Access valuable strategic take-outs to help direct future decision-making and inform new product development.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
COVID-19 impact analysis on Shiseido – key findings as of 16th April, 2020
Shiseido's geographic diversity, along with its innovation and digital tech capabilities, is expected to enable it to weather the COVID-19 crisis
Geographic spread analysis – COVID-19 vs Shiseido's brand sales
Shiseido is expected to step up its focus on Asian markets in order to offset the impact of COVID-19 in the West
The impact of COVID-19 on regional GDP per capita levels
Global GDP is set to fall by 5% compared to 2019 as a result of the COVID-19 outbreak
Shiseido's exposure: brand sales by region and sector vs regional impact levels
Due to its geographic concentration Shiseido remains highly exposed to the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic
Cosmetics & toiletries exposure: brand sales by region and sector vs regional impact levels