COVID-19 Impact on Mars
- Pages: 11
- Published: April 2020
- Report Code: CSCV2004CI
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Company Impact: Mars reports key findings as of April 15, 2020 based on market analysis and brand diversification by industry and geography.
Mars may witness a significant reduction in its overall sales; however, the product diversity of its brand may reduce the losses incurred due to COVID-19. Some staple categories could well benefit, but as these constitute a very small share in the company's revenue it may not have a huge impact. The company needs to update its strategies to minimize loss of brand sales. In addition, the company should launch various discount offers to attract consumers.
– Mars's strategy of strengthening its social and digital media presence is likely to reduce the impact of the COVID-19 outbreak on its sales.
– Mars's food business should focus on defensive strategies to mitigate losses.
– Mars's pet care business is likely to be impacted by the economic downturn caused by the disease outbreak.
Reasons to buy
– Understand the challenges and opportunities for a specific company in order to tap into what is really impacting the industry.
– Gain a broader appreciation of the fast-moving consumer goods industry by gaining insights from both within and outside of your sector.
– Access valuable strategic take-outs to help direct future decision-making and inform new product development.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
COVID-19 impact analysis on Mars – Key findings as of 15th April, 2020
Mars's strategy of strengthening its social and digital media presence is likely to reduce the impact of the COVID-19 outbreak on its sales
Geographic spread analysis – COVID-19 vs Mars's brand sales
Mars's diversification may offer some level of relative resilience against the pandemic's effects on brand sales
The impact of COVID-19 on regional GDP per capita levels
Global GDP is set to decline by 5% compared to 2019 as a result of the COVID-19 outbreak
Mars's exposure: brand sales by region and sector vs regional impact levels
The impact of COVID-19 on Mars's brand sales is likely to be significant for both food and pet care
Food business exposure: brand sales by region and sector vs regional impact levels
Mars's food business should focus on defensive strategies to mitigate losses
Pet care exposure: brand sales by region and sector vs regional impact levels