COVID-19 Impact on PepsiCo
- Pages: 11
- Published: April 2020
- Report Code: CSCV2002CI
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Company Impact: PepsiCo reports key findings as of April 8, 2020 based on market analysis and brand diversification by industry and geography.
While all companies in the consumer goods sector will see major upheaval as a result of the disease, PepsiCo is diversified in terms of both range and geography, leaving it relatively well positioned to ride out the crisis. However, updated strategies will be critical to minimize loss of brand sales. In addition, the precautionary steps taken by the company to ensure the continued safety of its products and manufacturing plants across the globe will add to its brand image. Overall the company has many key strengths that make it well-positioned to perform as well as any other major consumer goods multinational, based upon the latest information available.
– PepsiCo's presence in the bakery and cereals sector and dairy and soy food sector offers some level of relative resilience against the effects on brand sales.
– Global GDP is set to decline by 5% compared to 2019 as a result of the COVID-19 outbreak.
– The impact of COVID-19 is inevitable, but PepsiCo's food business should help to mitigate losses.
Reasons to buy
– Understand the challenges and opportunities for a specific company in order to tap into what is really impacting the industry.
– Gain a broader appreciation of the fast-moving consumer goods industry by gaining insights from both within and outside of your sector.
– Access valuable strategic take-outs to help direct future decision-making and inform new product development.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
COVID-19 impact analysis on PepsiCo – key findings as of 8th April, 2020
PepsiCo's presence in the food sector will help mitigate the losses in its non-alcoholic beverages business
Geographic spread analysis – COVID-19 vs PepsiCo's brand sales
PepsiCo's presence in the bakery & cereals and dairy & soy food sectors offers some level of relative resilience against the effects on brand sales
The impact of COVID-19 on regional GDP per capita levels
Global GDP is set to decline by 5% compared to 2019 as a result of the COVID-19 outbreak
PepsiCo's exposure: brand sales by region and sector vs regional impact levels
The impact of COVID-19 is inevitable, but PepsiCo's food business should help to mitigate losses