Consumer and Market Insights: Wine in Malaysia
- Pages: 49
- Published: August 2016
- Report Code: CS3995MF
The Wine market in Malaysia is forecast to register higher growth in value terms during 2015-2020 as compared to 2010-2015. The Still Wine is has the highest volume share while the Fortified Wine is forecast to register the fastest growth in volume terms during 2015-2020. The White Wine segment is expected to gain maximum share growth within the Still Wine category. On-trade transactions lead the distribution of the Wine & Spirits Market in Malaysia. Glass is the most commonly used packaging material in the Malaysian Wine market.
• The Wine market in Malaysia is forecast to register a CAGR of 6.4% during 2015-2020.
• The Fortified Wine category is forecast to register the fastest volume growth.
• The White Wine segment is expected to gain maximum share growth within the Still Wine category.
• Stopper is the commonly used closure type in the Malaysian Wine market.
• LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton S.A. is the leading Still Wine brand in Malaysia.
Reasons to buy
Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
Fladgate & Yeatman – Vinhos
Freixenet (Dws) Ltd
LVMH Moët Hennessy
Louis Vuitton S.A.
LVMH Moët Hennessy
Louis Vuitton S.A.
E. & J. gallo Winery
Pernod Ricard S.A.
Shaoxing Pagoda Brand Rice Wine Sales Co.
Treasury Wine Estates Vintners Limited
Viña Concha Y Toro S.A.
Table of Contents
• Report Scope
• Macroeconomic indicators –GDP Per Capita, Population, Consumer Price Index and Age Profile
• Value and volume analysis for Malaysia's Wine market
• Impact of exchange rate fluctuations on Malaysia’s Wine market
• Degree of trade up/down in Malaysia's Wine market
• Volume analysis by category
• Market value and growth rates, by category
• Historic and forecast value analysis by category
• Winners and losers by categories with change in market share
• Segment share in a category (value terms) and change in market share
• Average category level pricing
Retail Landscape and Key Distribution Channels
• Leading retailers in Malaysia’s Wine & Spirits market
• Leading distribution channels (volume terms) in Malaysia's Wine market
• Leading distribution channels (volume terms) by category
• Market share of leading brands (in volume terms) by category
• Wine market by type of packaging material/container (in volume terms)
• Wine market by type of packaging closure/outer (in volume terms)
• Wine market by type of packaging, forecast(in volume terms)
• Country context
• Category value and volume data
• Sector Overview
• Segment data
• Packaging data
• Category definitions
• Segment definitions
• Channel definitions
• Explanation of sub-trends
• About Canadean
List of Tables
Table 1: Market value analysis in MYR and US$, 2010-2020
Table 2: Market volume growth analysis, 2010-2020
Table 3: Exchange rate fluctuations: US$ to MYR
Table 4: Market volume growth, by category, 2015-2020
Table 5: Segment level analysis by category, 2015
Table 6: Average price per litrecomparison by categories
Table 7: Leading retailers
Table 8: Leading brands by category, 2015
List of Figures
Figure 1: Macro economic analysis: GDP per capita, Population, CPI (2010-2015), Age Profile (2015)
Figure 2: Market volume analysis, 2010-2020
Figure 3: Consumers purchase behavior -Trading up/down, 2015
Figure 4: Market volume share analysis by category, 2015
Figure 5: Market value growth analysis by category, 2010-2020
Figure 6: Historic and forecast value analysis by category, 2010-2020
Figure 7: Change in market share by category, 2015-2020
Figure 8: Leading distribution channels, overall Wine & Spirits, 2012-2015
Figure 9: Leading distribution channels, overall Wine market, 2015
Figure 10: Leading distribution channels by category, 2015
Figure 11: Brand share analysis by category (by volume), 2015
Figure 14: Packaging analysis –key packaging material, container, closure and outer type, 2015
Figure 15:Growth in key packaging material, container, closure and outer type, 2015-2020