Consumer and Market Insights: Wine in Ireland
- Pages: 47
- Published: September 2016
- Report Code: CS3991MF
The Irish Wine market is led by Still Wine category, which is the leading category in value as well as volume terms, whereas the Sparkling Wine category is expected to register fastest growth among all categories during 2015-2020. Hypermarkets & Supermarkets is the leading distribution channel in the Irish Wine market. Campari, Buckfast and Jacob’s Creek are some of the leading brands in Ireland’s Wine market.
• The Wine market in Ireland is forecast to register a CAGR of 2.2% in value terms during 2015-2020.
• The Sparkling Wine category is forecast to register the fastest volume growth.
• The Vermouth segment is expected to gain maximum share growth within the Fortified Wine category.
• Stopper is the commonly used closure type in Ireland’s Wine market.
• Davide Campari-Milano S.p.A. is the leading player in Fortified Wine category in Ireland.
Reasons to buy
Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
Davide Campari-Milano S.p.A.
Pernod Ricard S.A.
Andre Goichot Fleurie
Australian Vintage Ltd
Baron De Ley Sa
Blossom Hill Winery
Castillo De Albai Wines
Distell Group Limited.
Table of Contents
• Report Scope
• Macroeconomic indicators –GDP Per Capita, Population, Consumer Price Index and Age Profile
• Value and volume analysis for the Irish Wine market
• Impact of exchange rate fluctuations on the Irish Wine market
• Volume analysis by category
• Market value and growth rates, by category
• Historic and forecast value analysis by category
• Winners and losers by categories with change in market share
• Segment share in a category (value terms) and change in market share
• Average category level pricing
Retail Landscape and Key Distribution Channels
• Leading retailers in the Irish Wine & Spirits market
• Leading distribution channels (volume terms) in the Irish Wine market
• Leading distribution channels (volume terms) by category
• Market share of leading brands (in volume terms) by category
• Penetration of private label by category in the Irish Wine market
• Private label growth (in volume terms) compared to brands
• Wine market by type of packaging material/container (in volume terms)
• Wine market by type of packaging closure/outer (in volume terms)
• Wine market by type of packaging, forecast(in volume terms)
• Country context
• Category value and volume data
• Sector Overview
• Segment data
• Packaging data
• Category definitions
• Segment definitions
• Channel definitions
• About Canadean
List of Tables
Table 1: Market value analysis in EUR and US$, 2010-2020
Table 2: Market volume growth analysis, 2010-2020
Table 3: Exchange rate fluctuations: US$ to EUR
Table 4: Market volume growth, by category, 2015-2020
Table 5: Segment level analysis by category, 2015
Table 6: Average price per litre comparison by categories
Table 7: Leading retailers
Table 8: Leading brands by category, 2015
List of Figures
Figure 1: Macro economic analysis: GDP per capita, Population, CPI (2010-2015), Age Profile (2015)
Figure 2: Market volume analysis, 2010-2020
Figure 3: Market volume share analysis by category, 2015
Figure 4: Market value growth analysis by category, 2010-2020
Figure 5: Historic and forecast value analysis by category, 2010-2020
Figure 6: Change in market share by category, 2015-2020
Figure 7: Leading distribution channels, overall Wine & Spirits, 2012-2015
Figure 8: Leading distribution channels, overall Wine market, 2015
Figure 9: Leading distribution channels by category, 2015
Figure 10: Brand share analysis by category (by volume), 2015
Figure 11: Packaging analysis –key packaging material, container, closure and outer type, 2015
Figure 12:Growth in key packaging material, container, closure and outer type, 2015-2020