Consumer and Market Insights: Wine in Hong Kong
- Pages: 46
- Published: August 2016
- Report Code: CS3987MF
The Wine market in Hong Kong is expected to register higher growth in value terms during 2015-2020 compared to 2010-2015.The Still Wine category has the highest volume share in the overall Wine market. The Fortified Wine is expected to register fastest value growth during 2015-2020. Consumers in Hong Kong are opting for value for money products in the Wine market.
• The Wine market in Hong Kong is forecast to grow at a CAGR of 2.9% during 2015-2020.
• The Fortified Wine category is forecast to register the fastest value growth.
• The Vermouth segment is expected to gain maximum share growth within the Fortified Wine category.
• Stopper is the commonly used closure type in the Hong Kong Wine market.
• Taylor, Fladgate & Yeatman – Vinhos, S.A. is the leading Sparkling Wine brand in Hong Kong.
Reasons to buy
Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
Bacardi Limited,Accolade Wines
Banfi Products Corp
Bodegas Chandon S.A.
Cape Mentelle Vineyards
Casella Wines PTY Ltd.
Cloudy Bay Vineyards Ltd
Columbia Crest Winery
Constellation Brands Inc.
Davide Campari-Milano S.p.A.
E. & J. gallo Winery
Gonzalez Byass S.A.
Gh Martel & Co
LVMH Moët Hennessy
Louis Vuitton S.A.
J Moreau & Fils
Jim Barry Wines Pty Ltd
Les Grands Chais de France
Oyster Bay Wines
Pernod Ricard S.A.
Fladgate & Yeatman – Vinhos
Treasury Wine Estates Vintners Limited
Viña and Concha Y Toro S.A.
Table of Contents
• Report Scope
• Macroeconomic indicators –GDP Per Capita, Population, Consumer Price Index and Age Profile
• Value and volume analysis for Hong Kong's Wine market
• Degree of trade up/down in Hong Kong's Wine market
• Volume analysis by category
• Market value and growth rates, by category
• Historic and forecast value analysis by category
• Winners and losers by categories with change in market share
• Segment share in a category (value terms) and change in market share
• Average category level pricing
Retail Landscape and Key Distribution Channels
• Leading retailers in Hong Kong’s Wine & Spirits market
• Leading distribution channels (volume terms) in Hong Kong's Wine market
• Leading distribution channels ((volume terms) by category
• Market share of leading brands (in volume terms) by category
• Wine market by type of packaging material/container (in volume terms)
• Wine market by type of packaging closure/outer (in volume terms)
• Wine market by type of packaging, forecast(in volume terms)
• Country context
• Category value and volume data
• Sector Overview
• Segment data
• Packaging data
• Category definitions
• Segment definitions
• Channel definitions
• About Canadean
List of Tables
Table 1: Market value analysis in HKD and US$, 2010-2020
Table 2: Market volume growth analysis, 2010-2020
Table 3: Market volume growth, by category, 2015-2020
Table 4: Segment level analysis by category, 2015
Table 5: Average price per litrecomparison by categories
Table 6: Leading retailers
Table 7: Leading brands by category, 2015
List of Figures
Figure 1: Macro economic analysis: GDP per capita, Population, CPI (2010-2015), Age Profile (2015)
Figure 2: Market volume analysis, 2010-2020
Figure 3: Consumers purchase behavior -Trading up/down, 2015
Figure 4: Market volume share analysis by category, 2015
Figure 5: Market value growth analysis by category, 2010-2020
Figure 6: Historic and forecast value analysis by category, 2010-2020
Figure 7: Change in market share by category, 2015-2020
Figure 8: Leading distribution channels, overall Wine & Spirits, 2012-2015
Figure 9: Leading distribution channels, overall Wine market, 2015
Figure 10: Leading distribution channels by category, 2015
Figure 11: Brand share analysis by category (by volume), 2015
Figure 12: Packaging analysis –key packaging material, container, closure and outer type, 2015
Figure 13:Growth in key packaging material, container, closure and outer type, 2015-2020