Consumer and Market Insights: Wine in Chile
- Pages: 48
- Published: August 2016
- Report Code: CS3977MF
The Chilean Wine market is led by the Still Wine category in volume terms while the Fortified Wine category is forecast to register fastest volume growth during 2015-2020. Consumers in Chile prefer value for money Wine products due to high prices of alcoholic beverages in the country. Food & Drinks Specialists is the leading distribution channel in the Wine market.
• The Wine market in Chile is forecast to register a CAGR of 3.5% during 2015-2020.
• The Fortified Wine category is forecast to register the fastest volume growth.
• The Still Wine is the largest value category in the Chilean Wine market.
• The Vermouth segment is expected to gain maximum share growth within the Fortified Wine category.
• The Wine market account for nearly three-fourth of the overall Wine & Spirits retail sales in Chile.
Reasons to buy
Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
Quinta Ferreira Estate Winery
Gonzalez Byass S.A.
Viña Concha Y Toro S.A.
Santa Rita Vineyards
Misiones De Rengo
Viña San Pedro Tarapacá S.A.
Viñedos Emiliana S.A.
VIÑA CONO SUR S.A.
Viña Errazuriz S.A
VM SA Maipo
Table of Contents
• Report Scope
• Macroeconomic indicators – GDP Per Capita, Population, Consumer Price Index and Age Profile
• Value and volume analysis for Chile's Wine market
• Impact of exchange rate fluctuations on Chile’s Wine market
• Degree of trade up/down in Chile’s Wine market
• Volume analysis by category
• Market value and growth rates, by category
• Historic and forecast value analysis by category
• Winners and losers by categories with change in market share
• Segment share in a category (value terms) and change in market share
• Average category level pricing
Retail Landscape and Key Distribution Channels
• Leading retailers in Chile’s Wine & Spirits market
• Leading distribution channels (value terms) in Chile's Wine market
• Leading distribution channels ((value terms) by category
• Market share of leading brands (in volume terms) by category
• Wine market by type of packaging material/container (in volume terms)
• Wine market by type of packaging closure/outer (in volume terms)
• Wine market by type of packaging, forecast(in volume terms)
• Country context
• Category value and volume data
• Sector Overview
• Segment data
• Packaging data
• Category definitions
• Segment definitions
• Channel definitions
• About Canadean
List of Tables
Table 1: Market value analysis in CLP and US$, 2010-2020
Table 2: Market volume growth analysis, 2010-2020
Table 3: Exchange rate fluctuations: US$ to CLP
Table 4: Market volume growth, by category, 2015-2020
Table 5: Segment level analysis by category, 2015
Table 6: Average price per kg comparison by categories
Table 7: Leading retailers
Table 8: Leading brands by category, 2015
List of Figures
Figure 1: Macro economic analysis: GDP per capita, Population, CPI (2010-2015), Age Profile (2015)
Figure 2: Market volume analysis, 2010-2020
Figure 3: Consumers purchase behavior – Trading up/down, 2015
Figure 4: Market volume share analysis by category, 2015
Figure 5: Market value growth analysis by category, 2010-2020
Figure 6: Historic and forecast value analysis by category, 2010-2020
Figure 7: Change in market share by category, 2015-2020
Figure 8: Leading distribution channels, overall Wine & Spirits, 2012-2015
Figure 9: Leading distribution channels, overall Wine market, 2015
Figure 10: Leading distribution channels by category, 2015
Figure 11: Brand share analysis by category (by volume), 2015
Figure 12: Packaging analysis – key packaging material, container, closure and outer type, 2015
Figure 13: Growth in key packaging material, container, closure and outer type, 2015-2020