Consumer and Market Insights: Spirits in the US
- Pages: 60
- Published: September 2016
- Report Code: CS3968MF
A strong economy and consumers with high disposable income is driving the growth of the US Spirits market. The market is being led by the Vodka category which is also forecast to register the fastest growth in volume terms. Hypermarkets & Supermarkets is the leading distribution channel in the Spirits market. Diageo Plc and Bacardi Limited are the leading market players in the country.
Canadean’s Consumer and Market Insights report on the Spirits market in the US provides insights on high growth categories to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, types and closures category level distribution data and brands market shares.
What else is contained
– Market data: Overall market value and volume data with growth analysis for 2010-2020
– Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for eight categories including Brandy, Gin & Genever, Liqueurs, Rum, Specialty Spirits, Tequila & Mezcal, Vodka, and Whiskey with inputs on individual segment share within each category and the change in their market share forecast for 2015-2020
– Leading players: Market share of brands and private labels, including private label growth analysis from 2012-2015
– Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each category through distribution channels such as Hypermarkets & Supermarkets, Convenience Stores, Food & Drinks Specialists and others in 2015
– Packaging data: consumption breakdown for packaging materials and containers in each category, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Packaging material data for Glass, Paper & Board, Rigid Plastics, and others; container data for: Bottle, Carton and Bag-In-Box
Reasons to buy
Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
Beam Suntory Inc.
E. & J. gallo Winery
F. Korbel & Bros.
Heaven Hill Distilleries Inc.
Remy Coitreau Group
Blavod Drinks Ltd.
Pernod Ricard S.A.
Sazerac Company Inc.
William Grant & Sons Ltd.
Agave Loco LLC
De Kuyper Royal Distillers
Diego Zamora S.A.
Table of Contents
– Report Scope
– Macroeconomic indicators –GDP Per Capita, Population, Consumer Price Index and Age Profile
– Value and volume analysis for the US Spirits market
– Volume analysis by category
– Market value and growth rates, by category
– Historic and forecast value analysis by category
– Winners and losers by categories with change in market share
– Segment share in a category (value terms) and change in market share
– Average category level pricing
Retail Landscape and Key Distribution Channels
– Leading retailers in the US Wine & Spirits market
– Leading distribution channels (volume terms) in the US Spirits market
– Leading distribution channels (volume terms) by category
– Market share of leading brands (in volume terms) by category
– Penetration of private label by category in the US Spirits market
– Private label growth (in volume terms) compared to brands
– Spirits market by type of packaging material/container (in volume terms)
– Spirits market by type of packaging closure/outer (in volume terms)
– Spirits market by type of packaging, forecast (in volume terms)
– Country context
– Category value and volume data
– Sector Overview
– Segment data
– Packaging data
– Category definitions
– Segment definitions
– Channel definitions
– About Canadean
List of Tables
Table 1: Market value analysis in US$, 2010-2020
Table 2: Market volume growth analysis, 2010-2020
Table 3: Market volume growth, by category, 2015-2020
Table 4: Segment level analysis by category, 2015
Table 5: Average price per litre comparison by categories
Table 6: Leading retailers
Table 7: Leading brands by category, 2015
List of Figures
Figure 1: Macro economic analysis: GDP per capita, Population, CPI (2010-2015), Age Profile (2015)
Figure 2: Market volume analysis, 2010-2020
Figure 3: Market volume share analysis by category, 2015
Figure 4: Market value growth analysis by category, 2010-2020
Figure 5: Historic and forecast value analysis by category, 2010-2020
Figure 6: Change in market share by category, 2015-2020
Figure 7: Leading distribution channels, overall Wine & Spirits, 2012-2015
Figure 8: Leading distribution channels, overall Spirits market, 2015
Figure 9: Leading distribution channels by category, 2015
Figure 10: Brand share analysis by category (by volume), 2015
Figure 11: Private label penetration by category, 2015
Figure 12: Private label and brand share growth, 2012-2015
Figure 13: Packaging analysis –key packaging material, container, closure and outer type, 2015
Figure 14:Growth in key packaging material, container, closure and outer type, 2015-2020