Consumer and Market Insights: Spirits in Spain
- Pages: 60
- Published: September 2016
- Report Code: CS3961MF
A recovering economy and low inflation will drive the demand for Spirits in Spain. The Spanish market is being led by the Whiskey category in terms of volume in 2015, while the Rum category leads the Spirits market in value terms. The Tequila & Mezcal category is forecast to register fastest growth among all categories during 2015-2020. On-trade transactions lead the distribution in Spain’s Spirits market. Glass is the most commonly used packaging material in the country’s Spirits market.
Canadean’s Consumer and Market Insights report on the Spirits market in Spain provides insights on high growth categories to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, types and closures category level distribution data and brands market shares.
What else is contained
– Market data: Overall market value and volume data with growth analysis for 2010-2020
– Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for eight categories including Brandy, Gin & Genever, Liqueurs, Rum, Specialty Spirits, Tequila & Mezcal, Vodka, and Whiskey with inputs on individual segment share within each category and the change in their market share forecast for 2015-2020
– Leading players: Market share of brands and private labels, including private label growth analysis from 2012-2015
– Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each category through distribution channels such as Hypermarkets & Supermarkets, Convenience Stores, Food & Drinks Specialists and others in 2015
– Packaging data: consumption breakdown for packaging materials and containers in each category, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Packaging material data for Glass, Rigid Plastics, and others; container data for: Bottle
Reasons to buy
Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
Bodegas Williams & Humbert
Gonzalez Byass S.A.
Miguel Torres Sa
Pernod Ricard S.A.
Sanchez Romate Hnos.
The Osborne Group
Beam Suntory Inc.
Destilerias Mg S.L
G W Archer And Co
William Grant & Sons Ltd.
Gestao E Servicos
Lda.Destilerías Campeny S.A.
Diego Zamora S.A.
Fratelli Branca Distillerie Srl
Gonzalez Byass S.A.
Davide Campari-Milano S.p.A.
Hijos De Francisco Serrano
Illva Saronno S.P.A.
LUIS CABALLEROS S.A.
NV Hidalgo de Chinchon Anis Dulce
Remy Coitreau Group
Artemi Liquor Factory
Barceló Export Import
Compañia Licorera De Nicaragua
Industria Licorera De Caldas
Matusalem & Company
Ron Santateresa C.A.
Tabacos El Guajiro
The Edrington Group
Túnel de Mallorca
Kirin Holdings Co Ltd
Tarifa Guallart Jose Luis
Table of Contents
– Report Scope
– Macroeconomic indicators –GDP Per Capita, Population, Consumer Price Index and Age Profile
– Value and volume analysis for Spain's Spirits market
– Impact of exchange rate fluctuations on Spain’s Spirits market
– Volume analysis by category
– Market value and growth rates, by category
– Historic and forecast value analysis by category
– Winners and losers by categories with change in market share
– Segment share in a category (value terms) and change in market share
– Average category level pricing
Retail Landscape and Key Distribution Channels
– Leading retailers in Spain’s Wine & Spirits market
– Leading distribution channels (volume terms) in Spain's Spirits market
– Leading distribution channels (volume terms) by category
– Market share of leading brands (in volume terms) by category
– Penetration of private label by category in Spain's Spirits market
– Private label growth (in volume terms) compared to brands
– Spirits market by type of packaging material/container (in volume terms)
– Spirits market by type of packaging closure/outer (in volume terms)
– Spirits market by type of packaging, forecast (in volume terms)
– Country context
– Category value and volume data
– Sector Overview
– Segment data
– Packaging data
– Category definitions
– Segment definitions
– Channel definitions
– Explanation of sub-trends
– About Canadean
List of Tables
Table 1: Market value analysis in EUR and US$, 2010-2020
Table 2: Market volume growth analysis, 2010-2020
Table 3: Exchange rate fluctuations: US$ to EUR
Table 4: Market volume growth, by category, 2015-2020
Table 5: Segment level analysis by category, 2015
Table 6: Average price per litre comparison by categories
Table 7: Leading retailers
Table 8: Leading brands by category, 2015
List of Figures
Figure 1: Macro economic analysis: GDP per capita, Population, CPI (2010-2015), Age Profile (2015)
Figure 2: Market volume analysis, 2010-2020
Figure 3: Market volume share analysis by category, 2015
Figure 4: Market value growth analysis by category, 2010-2020
Figure 5: Historic and forecast value analysis by category, 2010-2020
Figure 6: Change in market share by category, 2015-2020
Figure 7: Leading distribution channels, overall Wine & Spirits, 2012-2015
Figure 8: Leading distribution channels, overall Spirits market, 2015
Figure 9: Leading distribution channels by category, 2015
Figure 10: Brand share analysis by category (by volume), 2015
Figure 11: Private label penetration by category, 2015
Figure 12: Private label and brand share growth, 2012-2015
Figure 13: Packaging analysis –key packaging material, container, closure and outer type, 2015
Figure 14:Growth in key packaging material, container, closure and outer type, 2015-2020