Consumer and Market Insights: Spirits in South Africa
- Pages: 56
- Published: August 2016
- Report Code: CS3959MF
The South African Spirits market is led by the Whiskey category in both value and volume terms. The Whiskey category is also forecast to witness the fastest growth in both value and volume terms during 2015-2020. The consumers are opting for value for money products in the Spirits market. Distell Group Limited, Diageo Plc. and Pernod Ricard S.A. are the leading market players in the country.
• The South African Spirits market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 2.8% during 2015-2020.
• The Whiskey category is forecast to register the fastest volume growth during 2015-2020.
• Consumers are opting for value for money products in the South African Spirits market.
• The Whiskey category is the largest value category in the South African Spirits market.
• The Spirits market in South Africa accounts for around one-fifth of the overall Wine & Spirits retail sales in the country.
• The Irish Whisky segment is expected to gain maximum share growth within the Whiskey category.
Reasons to buy
Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
Distell Group Limited
Edward Snell & Company
Kwv Holdings Ltd
Empee Distilleries Limited
Pernod Ricard S.A.
LVMH Moët Hennessy • Louis Vuitton S.A.
Lucas Bols B.V.
Chateau De Cognac
Remy Coitreau Group
Beam Suntory Inc.
Halewood International Limited
J Booker Rum Merchants Limited
Cape to Rio
Davide Campari-Milano S.p.A.
William Grant & Sons Ltd.
Pick N Pay
Table of Contents
• Report Scope
• Macroeconomic indicators – GDP Per Capita, Population, Consumer Price Index and Age Profile
• Value and volume analysis for the South African Spirits market
• Impact of exchange rate fluctuations on the South African Spirits market
• Degree of trade up/down in the South African Spirits market
• Volume analysis by category
• Market value and growth rates, by category
• Historic and forecast value analysis by category
• Winners and losers by categories with change in market share
• Segment share in a category (value terms) and change in market share
• Average category level pricing
Retail Landscape and Key Distribution Channels
• Leading retailers in the South African Wine & Spirits market
• Leading distribution channels (volume terms) in the South African Spirits market
• Leading distribution channels (volume terms) by category
• Market share of leading brands (in volume terms) by category
• Spirits market by type of packaging material/container (in volume terms)
• Spirits market by type of packaging closure/outer (in volume terms)
• Spirits market by type of packaging, forecast (in volume terms)
• Country context
• Category value and volume data
• Sector Overview
• Segment data
• Packaging data
• Category definitions
• Segment definitions
• Channel definitions
• About Canadean
List of Tables
Table 1: Market value analysis in ZAR and US$, 2010-2020
Table 2: Market volume growth analysis, 2010-2020
Table 3: Exchange rate fluctuations: US$ to ZAR
Table 4: Market volume growth, by category, 2015-2020
Table 5: Segment level analysis by category, 2015
Table 6: Average price per litre comparison by categories
Table 7: Leading retailers
Table 8: Leading brands by category, 2015
List of Figures
Figure 1: Macro economic analysis: GDP per capita, Population, CPI (2010-2015), Age Profile (2015)
Figure 2: Market volume analysis, 2010-2020
Figure 3: Consumers purchase behavior – Trading up/down, 2015
Figure 4: Market volume share analysis by category, 2015
Figure 5: Market value growth analysis by category, 2010-2020
Figure 6: Historic and forecast value analysis by category, 2010-2020
Figure 7: Change in market share by category, 2015-2020
Figure 8: Leading distribution channels, overall Wine & Spirits, 2012-2015
Figure 9: Leading distribution channels, overall Spirits market, 2015
Figure 10: Leading distribution channels by category, 2015
Figure 11: Brand share analysis by category (by volume), 2015
Figure 12: Packaging analysis – key packaging material, container, closure and outer type, 2015
Figure 13: Growth in key packaging material, container, closure and outer type, 2015-2020