Consumer and Market Insights: Spirits in Singapore
- Pages: 56
- Published: August 2016
- Report Code: CS3957MF
Singapore's Spirits market is led by the Brandy category while the Tequila & Mezcal category is forecast to register fastest growth during 2015-2020 in both value and volume terms. On-trade transactions account for highest distribution share in the Tequila & Mezcal category. Bacardi Limited and Diageo Plc are the leading players in the market. Screw Top is the commonly used closure type in the market.
• The Spirits market in Singapore is expected to register higher growth in both value and volume terms during 2015-2020 compared to 2010-2015.
• The Brandy category is the largest value category in the Singaporean Spirits market.
• On-trade transactions account for the highest distribution share in the Tequila & Mezcal category.
• Bacardi Limited and Diageo Plc are the leading brands in Rum and Vodka categories.
• The Dark Rum segment is expected to gain share growth within the Rum category.
• Screw Top is the commonly used closure type in Singapore's Spirits market.
Reasons to buy
Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
Beam Suntory Inc.
Mohan Meakin Limited
Pernod Ricard S.A.
Remy Coitreau Group
Distell Group Limited
Davide Campari-Milano S.p.A.
Illva Saronno S.P.A.
Lucas Bols B.V.
Societe Des Produits Marnier Lapostolle Sa
William Grant & Sons Ltd.
Russian Standard Corporation
Sazerac Company Inc.
The Edrington Group.
Table of Contents
• Report Scope
• Macroeconomic indicators –GDP Per Capita, Population, Consumer Price Index and Age Profile
• Value and volume analysis for Singapore's Spirits market
• Impact of exchange rate fluctuations on Singapore's Spirits market
• Volume analysis by category
• Market value and growth rates, by category
• Historic and forecast value analysis by category
• Winners and losers by categories with change in market share
• Segment share in a category (value terms) and change in market share
• Average category level pricing
Retail Landscape and Key Distribution Channels
• Leading retailers in Singapore's Wine & Spirits market
• Leading distribution channels (volume terms) in Singapore's Spirits market
• Leading distribution channels (volume terms) by category
• Market share of leading brands (in volume terms) by category
• Spirits market by type of packaging material/container (in volume terms)
• Spirits market by type of packaging closure/outer (in volume terms)
• Spirits market by type of packaging, forecast (in volume terms)
• Country context
• Category value and volume data
• Sector Overview
• Segment data
• Packaging data
• Category definitions
• Segment definitions
• Channel definitions
• About Canadean
List of Tables
Table 1: Market value analysis in SGD and US$, 2010-2020
Table 2: Market volume growth analysis, 2010-2020
Table 3: Exchange rate fluctuations: US$ to SGD
Table 4: Market volume growth, by category, 2015-2020
Table 5: Segment level analysis by category, 2015
Table 6: Average price per litrecomparison by categories
Table 7: Leading retailers
Table 8: Leading brands by category, 2015
List of Figures
Figure 1: Macro economic analysis: GDP per capita, Population, CPI (2010-2015), Age Profile (2015)
Figure 2: Market volume analysis, 2010-2020
Figure 3: Market volume share analysis by category, 2015
Figure 4: Market value growth analysis by category, 2010-2020
Figure 5: Historic and forecast value analysis by category, 2010-2020
Figure 6: Change in market share by category, 2015-2020
Figure 7: Leading distribution channels, overall Wine & Spirits, 2012-2015
Figure 8: Leading distribution channels, overall Spirits market, 2015
Figure 9: Leading distribution channels by category, 2015
Figure 10: Brand share analysis by category (by volume), 2015
Figure 11: Packaging analysis –key packaging material, container, closure and outer type, 2015
Figure 12:Growth in key packaging material, container, closure and outer type, 2015-2020