Consumer and Market Insights: Spirits in Norway
- Pages: 55
- Published: September 2016
- Report Code: CS3949MF
The Norwegian Spirits market is led by the Vodka category in both value and volume terms. The Brandy category is also forecast to witness the fastest growth in both value and volume terms during 2015-2020. Arcus As, Pernod Ricard S.A. and Diageo Plc are the leading market players in the country.
• The Spirits market in Norway is expected to register higher growth in value terms during 2015-2020 compared to 2010-2015.
• The Vodka category is the largest value category in the Norwegian Spirits market.
• Food & Drinks Specialists and On-trade transactions account for the highest distribution share in the market.
• Arcus As is the leading market player in the Vodka category.
• The American Whisky segment is expected to gain maximum share growth within the Whiskey category.
• Screw Top is the most commonly used closure type in Norway's Spirits market.
Reasons to buy
Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
Beam Suntory Inc.
Lucas Bols B.V.
Pernod Ricard S.A.
Remy Coitreau Group
Edrington Norway AS
The Finsbury Distillery Co. Limited
Distell Group Limited
Fratelli Branca Distillerie Srl
Girolamo Luxardo S.p.A
Saint Brendan's Liqueur Co.
Waldemar Behn Gmbh
Illva Saronno S.P.A.
Robert Prizelius AS
Destilerias Sierra Unidas S.A. De C.V
Davide Campari-Milano S.p.A.
Stock Spirits Group
Tarpan Fabryka Likierow Sp.Z.o.o
Cork Wines & Spirits
Douglas Laing & Company Ltd
Glen Moray Distillery
Inter Brands Norway AS
John E. Mcpherson & Sons Ltd.
Mickey Finn Liquor Comp
The Edrington Group
The Highland Queen Scotch Whisky Company
William Grant & Sons Ltd.
Table of Contents
• Report Scope
• Macroeconomic indicators –GDP Per Capita, Population, Consumer Price Index and Age Profile
• Value and volume analysis for Norway's Spirits market
• Impact of exchange rate fluctuations on Norway’s Spirits market
• Volume analysis by category
• Market value and growth rates, by category
• Historic and forecast value analysis by category
• Winners and losers by categories with change in market share
• Segment share in a category (value terms) and change in market share
• Average category level pricing
Retail Landscape and Key Distribution Channels
• Leading retailers in Norway’s Wine & Spirits market
• Leading distribution channels (volume terms) in Norway's Spirits market
• Leading distribution channels (volume terms) by category
• Market share of leading brands (in volume terms) by category Packaging
• Spirits market by type of packaging material/container (in volume terms)
• Spirits market by type of packaging closure/outer (in volume terms)
• Spirits market by type of packaging, forecast (in volume terms)
• Country context
• Category value and volume data
• Sector Overview
• Segment data
• Packaging data
• Category definitions
• Segment definitions
• Channel definitions
• About Canadean
List of Tables
Table 1: Market value analysis in NOK and US$, 2010-2020
Table 2: Market volume growth analysis, 2010-2020
Table 3: Exchange rate fluctuations: US$ to NOK
Table 4: Market volume growth, by category, 2015-2020
Table 5: Segment level analysis by category, 2015
Table 6: Average price per litrecomparison by categories
Table 7: Leading retailers
Table 8: Leading brands by category, 2015
List of Figures
Figure 1: Macro economic analysis: GDP per capita, Population, CPI (2010-2015), Age Profile (2015)
Figure 2: Market volume analysis, 2010-2020
Figure 3: Market volume share analysis by category, 2015
Figure 4: Market value growth analysis by category, 2010-2020
Figure 5: Historic and forecast value analysis by category, 2010-2020
Figure 6: Change in market share by category, 2015-2020
Figure 7: Leading distribution channels, overall Wine & Spirits, 2012-2015
Figure 8: Leading distribution channels, overall Spirits market, 2015
Figure 9: Leading distribution channels by category, 2015
Figure 10: Brand share analysis by category (by volume), 2015
Figure 11: Packaging analysis –key packaging material, container, closure and outer type, 2015
Figure 12:Growth in key packaging material, container, closure and outer type, 2015-2020