Consumer and Market Insights: Spirits in Malaysia
- Pages: 56
- Published: September 2016
- Report Code: CS3945MF
The Malaysian Spirits market is led by the Specialty Spirits category in volume terms and Whiskey in value terms. While the Gin & Genever category is forecast to register fastest growth during 2015-2020 in both value and volume terms. On-trade transactions account for the majority share in distribution in the market. Bacardi Limited is the leading player in the market. Screw Top is the commonly used closure type in the market.
• The Gin & Genever category is forecast to register the fastest volume growth during 2015-2020.
• The Whiskey category is the largest value category in the Malaysian Spirits market.
• On-trade transactions account for the majority share in distribution in Malaysia's Wine & Spirits market.
• Camino Real is the leading brand in the Tequila & Mezcal category.
• Malaysian consumers are opting for value for money products in the Spirits market.
• Screw Top is the commonly used closure type in the Malaysian Spirits market.
Reasons to buy
Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
Beam Suntory Inc.
Gilbey (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd
Pernod Ricard S.A.
Remy Coitreau Group
Winepak Corporation Sdn Bhd
Yee Yee Company
QE London Dry Gin
Lucas Bols B.V.
Hook's Rum Import Co
Benison & Co. Ltd.
The Edrington Group
William Grant & Sons Ltd.
Table of Contents
• Report Scope
• Macroeconomic indicators –GDP Per Capita, Population, Consumer Price Index and Age Profile
• Value and volume analysis for Malaysia's Spirits market
• Impact of exchange rate fluctuations on Malaysia's Spirits market
• Degree of trade up/down in Malaysia's Spirits market
• Volume analysis by category
• Market value and growth rates, by category
• Historic and forecast value analysis by category
• Winners and losers by categories with change in market share
• Segment share in a category (value terms) and change in market share
• Average category level pricing
Retail Landscape and Key Distribution Channels
• Leading retailers in Malaysia's Wine & Spirits market
• Leading distribution channels (volume terms) in Malaysia's Spirits market
• Leading distribution channels (volume terms) by category
• Market share of leading brands (in volume terms) by category
• Spirits market by type of packaging material/container (in volume terms)
• Spirits market by type of packaging closure/outer (in volume terms)
• Spirits market by type of packaging, forecast (in volume terms)
• Country context
• Category value and volume data
• Sector Overview
• Segment data
• Packaging data
• Category definitions
• Segment definitions
• Channel definitions
• About Canadean
List of Tables
Table 1: Market value analysis in MYR and US$, 2010-2020
Table 2: Market volume growth analysis, 2010-2020
Table 3: Exchange rate fluctuations: US$ to MYR
Table 4: Market volume growth, by category, 2015-2020
Table 5: Segment level analysis by category, 2015
Table 6: Average price per litrecomparison by categories
Table 7: Leading retailers
Table 8: Leading brands by category, 2015
List of Figures
Figure 1: Macro economic analysis: GDP per capita, Population, CPI (2010-2015), Age Profile (2015)
Figure 2: Market volume analysis, 2010-2020
Figure 3: Consumers purchase behavior -Trading up/down, 2015
Figure 4: Market volume share analysis by category, 2015
Figure 5: Market value growth analysis by category, 2010-2020
Figure 6: Historic and forecast value analysis by category, 2010-2020
Figure 7: Change in market share by category, 2015-2020
Figure 8: Leading distribution channels, overall Wine & Spirits, 2012-2015
Figure 9: Leading distribution channels, overall Spirits market, 2015
Figure 10: Leading distribution channels by category, 2015
Figure 11: Brand share analysis by category (by volume), 2015
Figure 12: Packaging analysis –key packaging material, container, closure and outer type, 2015
Figure 13:Growth in key packaging material, container, closure and outer type, 2015-2020