Consumer and Market Insights: Spirits in Hungary
- Pages: 59
- Published: August 2016
- Report Code: CS3938MF
The Spirits market in Hungary is forecast to register a CAGR of 1.6% during 2015-2020. Hungarian consumers are opting for value for money products in the Spirits market. The Liqueurs category has the highest volume share while the Brandy category is forecast to register fastest value growth among all categories during 2015-2020. Hypermarkets & Supermarkets is the leading distribution channel in Specialty Spirits and Whiskey categories. Trois Tours and Vilmos are the leading brands of Brandy in Hungary.
• The Brandy category is forecast to register the fastest volume growth during 2015-2020.
• The Specialty Spirits category is the largest value category in the Hungarian Spirits market.
• On-trade transactions account for the highest distribution share in the Gin & Genver category.
• Sierra is the leading brand in the Tequila & Mezcal category.
• Private label products in the Whiskey category registered the fastest growth during 2012-2015.
• Screw Top is the commonly used closure type in Hungary's Spirits market.
Reasons to buy
Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
Zwack Unicum Rt
Gyor Liquor Ltd
Clear Creek Distillery
Rézangyal Keresekedelmi Korlátolt Felelosségu Társaság
Remy Coitreau Group
Zsindelyes Kereskedoház Kft
Békési Brandy Company
Panyolai Szilvórium Kft.
Pernod Ricard S.A.
Lucas Bols B.V.
Berry Bros & Rudd.
TJ Carolan & Son Limited
Torley Champagne Cellars Ltd.
The Várda-Drink Group
Budapesti Likoripari KFT
Destilerias Sierra Unidas S.A. De C.V
Hiram Walker & Sons whiskey Distillery
Table of Contents
• Report Scope
• Macroeconomic indicators –GDP Per Capita, Population, Consumer Price Index and Age Profile
• Value and volume analysis for Hungary's Spirits market
• Impact of exchange rate fluctuations on Hungary’s Spirits market
• Degree of trade up/down in Hungary's Spirits market
• Volume analysis by category
• Market value and growth rates, by category
• Historic and forecast value analysis by category
• Winners and losers by categories with change in market share
• Segment share in a category (value terms) and change in market share
• Average category level pricing
Retail Landscape and Key Distribution Channels
• Leading retailers in Hungary’s Wine & Spirits market
• Leading distribution channels (volume terms) in Hungary's Spirits market
• Leading distribution channels (volume terms) by category
• Market share of leading brands (in volume terms) by category
• Penetration of private label by category in Hungary's Spirits market
• Private label growth (in volume terms) compared to brands
• Spirits market by type of packaging material/container (in volume terms)
• Spirits market by type of packaging closure/outer (in volume terms)
• Spirits market by type of packaging, forecast (in volume terms)
• Country context
• Category value and volume data
• Sector Overview
• Segment data
• Packaging data
• Category definitions
• Segment definitions
• Channel definitions
• Explanation of sub-trends
• About Canadean
List of Tables
Table 1: Market value analysis in HUF and US$, 2010-2020
Table 2: Market volume growth analysis, 2010-2020
Table 3: Exchange rate fluctuations: US$ to HUF
Table 4: Market volume growth, by category, 2015-2020
Table 5: Segment level analysis by category, 2015
Table 6: Average price per litrecomparison by categories
Table 7: Leading retailers
Table 8: Leading brands by category, 2015
List of Figures
Figure 1: Macro economic analysis: GDP per capita, Population, CPI (2010-2015), Age Profile (2015)
Figure 2: Market volume analysis, 2010-2020
Figure 3: Consumers purchase behavior -Trading up/down, 2015
Figure 4: Market volume share analysis by category, 2015
Figure 5: Market value growth analysis by category, 2010-2020
Figure 6: Historic and forecast value analysis by category, 2010-2020
Figure 7: Change in market share by category, 2015-2020
Figure 8: Leading distribution channels, overall Wine & Spirits, 2012-2015
Figure 9: Leading distribution channels, overall Spirits market, 2015
Figure 10: Leading distribution channels by category, 2015
Figure 11: Brand share analysis by category (by volume), 2015
Figure 12: Private label penetration by category, 2015
Figure 13: Private label and brand share growth, 2012-2015
Figure 14: Packaging analysis –key packaging material, container, closure and outer type, 2015
Figure 15:Growth in key packaging material, container, closure and outer type, 2015-2020