Consumer and Market Insights: Spirits in Hong Kong
- Pages: 56
- Published: August 2016
- Report Code: CS3937MF
The Spirits market in Hong Kong is expected to register higher growth in value terms during 2015-2020 compared to 2010-2015. The Hong Kong’s Spirits market is led by the Specialty Spirits category in volume as well as in value terms. Consumers are opting for premium products in the Hong Kong’s Spirits market.
• The Spirits market in Hong Kong is expected to register higher growth in value terms during 2015-2020 compared to 2010-2015.
• Hong Kong’s consumers are opting for premium products in the Spirits market.
• On-trade transactions account for the highest distribution share in Hong Kong’s Spirits market.
• Diageo Plc is the leading player in the Liqueurs category.
• The American Whiskey segment is expected to gain share growth within the Whiskey category.
• Screw Top is the commonly used closure type in Hong Kong’s Spirits market.
Reasons to buy
Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
Beam Suntory Inc.
Beehive VSOP Brandy
LVMH Moët Hennessy
Louis Vuitton S.A.
Pernod Ricard S.A.
Remy Coitreau Group
Ian Macleod Distillers Limited
Davide Campari-Milano S.p.A.
Illva Saronno S.P.A.
Lucas Bols B.V.
Choya Umeshu Co. Ltd.
Kuiji Shan Pai
Nu Er Hong
The Hitejinro Co. Ltd.
Zhejiang Guyue Longshan Shaoxing Wine Co. Ltd.
The Edrington Group
William Grant & Sons Ltd.
Table of Contents
• Report Scope
• Macroeconomic indicators –GDP Per Capita, Population, Consumer Price Index and Age Profile
• Value and volume analysis for Hong Kong’s Spirits market
• Impact of exchange rate fluctuations on Hong Kong’s Spirits market
• Degree of trade up/down in Hong Kong’s Spirits market
• Volume analysis by category
• Market value and growth rates, by category
• Historic and forecast value analysis by category
• Winners and losers by categories with change in market share
• Segment share in a category (value terms) and change in market share
• Average category level pricing
Retail Landscape and Key Distribution Channels
• Leading retailers in Hong Kong’s Wine & Spirits market
• Leading distribution channels (volume terms) in Hong Kong’s Spirits market
• Leading distribution channels (volume terms) by category
• Market share of leading brands (in volume terms) by category
• Spirits market by type of packaging material/container (in volume terms)
• Spirits market by type of packaging closure/outer (in volume terms)
• Spirits market by type of packaging, forecast (in volume terms)
• Country context
• Category value and volume data
• Sector Overview
• Segment data
• Packaging data
• Category definitions
• Segment definitions
• Channel definitions
• About Canadean
List of Tables
Table 1: Market value analysis in HKD and US$, 2010-2020
Table 2: Market volume growth analysis, 2010-2020
Table 3: Market volume growth, by category, 2015-2020
Table 4: Segment level analysis by category, 2015
Table 5: Average price per litrecomparison by categories
Table 6: Leading retailers
Table 7: Leading brands by category, 2015
List of Figures
Figure 1: Macro economic analysis: GDP per capita, Population, CPI (2010-2015), Age Profile (2015)
Figure 2: Market volume analysis, 2010-2020
Figure 3: Consumers purchase behavior -Trading up/down, 2015
Figure 4: Market volume share analysis by category, 2015
Figure 5: Market value growth analysis by category, 2010-2020
Figure 6: Historic and forecast value analysis by category, 2010-2020
Figure 7: Change in market share by category, 2015-2020
Figure 8: Leading distribution channels, overall Wine & Spirits, 2012-2015
Figure 9: Leading distribution channels, overall Spirits market, 2015
Figure 10: Leading distribution channels by category, 2015
Figure 11: Brand share analysis by category (by volume), 2015
Figure 12: Packaging analysis –key packaging material, container, closure and outer type, 2015
Figure 13:Growth in key packaging material, container, closure and outer type, 2015-2020