Consumer and Market Insights: Spirits in Greece
- Pages: 57
- Published: September 2016
- Report Code: CS3936MF
The Greek Spirits market is being led by the Whiskey category in value terms while the Liqueurs category is expected to register fastest growth in value terms during 2015-2020. Food & Drinks Specialists is the leading distribution channel in the country. The Greek consumers prefer value for money products in the Spirits market. Diageo Plc and Pernod Ricard S.A. are the leading players in the market.
• The Brandy category is forecast to register the fastest volume growth during 2015-2020.
• The Whiskey category is the largest value category in the Greek Spirits market.
• Food & Drinks Specialists is the leading distribution channel in the overall Spirits distribution.
• Gordon’s is the leading brand in the Gin & Genever category.
• Private label products in the Liqueur category registered the fastest growth during 2012-2015.
• Screw Top is the commonly used closure type in the Greek Spirits market.
Reasons to buy
Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
Davide Campari-Milano S.p.A.
Girolamo Luxardo S.p.A
Illva Saronno S.P.A.
Molinari Italia S.P.A.
Pernod Ricard S.A.
Remy Coitreau Group
Societe Des Produits Marnier Lapostolle Sa
Stoupakis Chios Distellery S.A.
William Grant & Sons Ltd.
Anestis Babatzimopoulos family
Argo Wine Apostolakis S.A.
Barbayannis Liquor Distilleries Ltd
Evangelos Tsantalis S.A
Berry Bros & Rudd.
Southern Distilleries Ltd
The Edrington Group
United Breweries (Holdings) Limited
Highwood Distillers Ltd
Destilerías Unidas S.A.
Russian Standard Corporation
Ursus Vodka Company Nv
Alfa – Beta Vassilopoulos S.A
Table of Contents
• Report Scope
• Macroeconomic indicators –GDP Per Capita, Population, Consumer Price Index and Age Profile
• Value and volume analysis for Greece’s Spirits market
• Impact of exchange rate fluctuations on the Greek Spirits market
• Degree of trade up/down in the Greek Spirits market
• Volume analysis by category
• Market value and growth rates, by category
• Historic and forecast value analysis by category
• Winners and losers by categories with change in market share
• Segment share in a category (value terms) and change in market share
• Average category level pricing
Retail Landscape and Key Distribution Channels
• Leading retailers in the Greek Wine & Spirits market
• Leading distribution channels (volume terms) in the Greek Spirits market
• Leading distribution channels (volume terms) by category
• Market share of leading brands (in volume terms) by category
• Penetration of private label by category in the Greek Spirits market
• Private label growth (in volume terms) compared to brands
• Spirits market by type of packaging material/container (in volume terms)
• Spirits market by type of packaging closure/outer (in volume terms)
• Spirits market by type of packaging, forecast (in volume terms)
• Country context
• Category value and volume data
• Sector Overview
• Segment data
• Packaging data
• Category definitions
• Segment definitions
• Channel definitions
• About Canadean
List of Tables
Table 1: Market value analysis in EUR and US$, 2010-2020
Table 2: Market volume growth analysis, 2010-2020
Table 3: Exchange rate fluctuations: US$ to EUR
Table 4: Market volume growth, by category, 2015-2020
Table 5: Segment level analysis by category, 2015
Table 6: Average price per litrecomparison by categories
Table 7: Leading retailers
Table 8: Leading brands by category, 2015
List of Figures
Figure 1: Macro economic analysis: GDP per capita, Population, CPI (2010-2015), Age Profile (2015)
Figure 2: Market volume analysis, 2010-2020
Figure 3: Consumers purchase behavior -Trading up/down, 2015
Figure 4: Market volume share analysis by category, 2015
Figure 5: Market value growth analysis by category, 2010-2020
Figure 6: Historic and forecast value analysis by category, 2010-2020
Figure 7: Change in market share by category, 2015-2020
Figure 8: Leading distribution channels, overall Wine & Spirits, 2012-2015
Figure 9: Leading distribution channels, overall Spirits market, 2015
Figure 10: Leading distribution channels by category, 2015
Figure 11: Brand share analysis by category (by volume), 2015
Figure 12: Private label penetration by category, 2015
Figure 13: Private label and brand share growth, 2012-2015
Figure 14: Packaging analysis –key packaging material, container, closure and outer type, 2015
Figure 15:Growth in key packaging material, container, closure and outer type, 2015-2020