Consumer and Market Insights: Spirits in Egypt
- Pages: 53
- Published: September 2016
- Report Code: CS3932MF
The Egyptian Spirits market is to register higher growth in value terms during 2015-2020 as compared to 2010-2015. The Specialty Spirits category has the highest volume share in the overall Wine market during 2015-2020, while the Tequila & Mezcal category is expected to register fastest growth during the same period. On-trade transactions lead the Egyptian Wine & Spirits market. Glass is the only packaging material used in Egyptian Spirits market.
• The Specialty Spirits category is forecast to register the fastest volume growth during 2015-2020.
• The Specialty Spirits category is the largest value category in the Egyptian Spirits market.
• On-trade transactions account for the highest distribution share in the Gin & Genver category.
• Auld Stag Whisky is the leading brand in the Whiskey category.
• Screw Top is the commonly used closure type in Egyptian Spirits market.
Reasons to buy
Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
Beam Suntory Inc.
Pernod Ricard S.A.
Remy Coitreau Group
Al Ahram Beverages
Al Ahram Beverages
LVMH Moët Hennessy • Louis Vuitton S.A.
United Distillery Group
William Grant & Sons Ltd.
Table of Contents
• Report Scope
• Macroeconomic indicators –GDP Per Capita, Population, Consumer Price Index and Age Profile
• Value and volume analysis for the Egyptian Spirits market
• Impact of exchange rate fluctuations on the Egyptian Spirits market
• Volume analysis by category
• Market value and growth rates, by category
• Historic and forecast value analysis by category
• Winners and losers by categories with change in market share
• Segment share in a category (value terms) and change in market share
• Average category level pricing
Retail Landscape and Key Distribution Channels
• Leading retailers in the Egyptian Wine & Spirits market
• Leading distribution channels (volume terms) in the Egyptian Spirits market
• Leading distribution channels (volume terms) by category
• Market share of leading brands (in volume terms) by category
• Spirits market by type of packaging material/container (in volume terms)
• Spirits market by type of packaging closure/outer (in volume terms)
• Spirits market by type of packaging, forecast (in volume terms)
• Country context
• Category value and volume data
• Sector Overview
• Segment data
• Packaging data
• Category definitions
• Segment definitions
• Channel definitions
• About Canadean
List of Tables
Table 1: Market value analysis in EGP and US$, 2010-2020
Table 2: Market volume growth analysis, 2010-2020
Table 3: Exchange rate fluctuations: US$ to EGP
Table 4: Market volume growth, by category, 2015-2020
Table 5: Segment level analysis by category, 2015
Table 6: Average price per litrecomparison by categories
Table 7: Leading brands by category, 2015
List of Figures
Figure 1: Macro economic analysis: GDP per capita, Population, CPI (2010-2015), Age Profile (2015)
Figure 2: Market volume analysis, 2010-2020
Figure 3: Market volume share analysis by category, 2015
Figure 4: Market value growth analysis by category, 2010-2020
Figure 5: Historic and forecast value analysis by category, 2010-2020
Figure 6: Change in market share by category, 2015-2020
Figure 7: Leading distribution channels, overall Wine & Spirits, 2012-2015
Figure 8: Leading distribution channels, overall Spirits market, 2015
Figure 9: Leading distribution channels by category, 2015
Figure 10: Brand share analysis by category (by volume), 2015
Figure 11: Packaging analysis –key packaging material, container, closure and outer type, 2015
Figure 12:Growth in key packaging material, container, closure and outer type, 2015-2020