Consumer and Market Insights: Spirits in Denmark
- Pages: 55
- Published: August 2016
- Report Code: CS3931MF
Denmark's Spirits market is led by the Whiskey category in both value and volume terms while the Rum category is forecast to register fastest volume growth during 2015-2020. On-trade transactions accounted for the highest distribution share for Spirits in the country. Diageo Plc and Bacardi Limited are the leading players in the Spirits market.
• The Rum category is forecast to register the fastest volume growth during 2015-2020.
• The Whiskey category is the largest value category in Denmark’s Spirits market.
• The Brandy category is forecast to record maximum gain in market share.
• The Scotch Whiskey segment is expected to gain maximum share growth in the Whiskey category.
• On-trade transactions account for the highest distribution share in the Gin & Genver category.
Reasons to buy
Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
Remy Coitreau Group
LVMH Moët Hennessy • Louis Vuitton S.A.
Pernod Ricard S.A.
The Armanoir group
Lucas Bols B.V.
The Finsbury Distillery Co. Limited
Beam Suntory Inc.
De Danske A/S
Societe Des Produits Marnier Lapostolle Sa
Fratelli Branca Distillerie Srl
Hela Wine & Spirts ApS
United Drinks A/S
William Grant & Sons Ltd.
Davide Campari-Milano S.p.A.
Distillery Cooymans BV
Distell Group Limited
Kwv Holdings Ltd
Peter Heering Liqueurs
Illva Saronno S.P.A.
Dictador Europe Sp. z o.o.
The Edrington Group
Morrison Bowmore Distillers
Table of Contents
• Report Scope
• Macroeconomic indicators – GDP Per Capita, Population, Consumer Price Index and Age Profile
• Value and volume analysis for Denmark's Spirits market
• Impact of exchange rate fluctuations on Denmark's Spirits market
• Degree of trade up/down in Denmark's Spirits market
• Volume analysis by category
• Market value and growth rates, by category
• Historic and forecast value analysis by category
• Winners and losers by categories with change in market share
• Segment share in a category (value terms) and change in market share
• Average category level pricing
Retail Landscape and Key Distribution Channels
• Leading retailers in Denmark's Wine & Spirits market
• Leading distribution channels (volume terms) in Denmark's Spirits market
• Leading distribution channels (volume terms) by category
• Market share of leading brands (in volume terms) by category
• Spirits market by type of packaging material/container (in volume terms)
• Spirits market by type of packaging closure/outer (in volume terms)
• Spirits market by type of packaging, forecast (in volume terms)
• Country context
• Category value and volume data
• Sector Overview
• Segment data
• Packaging data
• Category definitions
• Segment definitions
• Channel definitions
• About Canadean
List of Tables
Table 1: Market value analysis in DKK and US$, 2010-2020
Table 2: Market volume growth analysis, 2010-2020
Table 3: Exchange rate fluctuations: US$ to DKK
Table 4: Market volume growth, by category, 2015-2020
Table 5: Segment level analysis by category, 2015
Table 6: Average price per litre comparison by categories
Table 7: Leading retailers
Table 8: Leading brands by category, 2015
List of Figures
Figure 1: Macro economic analysis: GDP per capita, Population, CPI (2010-2015), Age Profile (2015)
Figure 2: Market volume analysis, 2010-2020
Figure 3: Consumers purchase behavior – Trading up/down, 2015
Figure 4: Market volume share analysis by category, 2015
Figure 5: Market value growth analysis by category, 2010-2020
Figure 6: Historic and forecast value analysis by category, 2010-2020
Figure 7: Change in market share by category, 2015-2020
Figure 8: Leading distribution channels, overall Wine & Spirits, 2012-2015
Figure 9: Leading distribution channels, overall Spirits market, 2015
Figure 10: Leading distribution channels by category, 2015
Figure 11: Brand share analysis by category (by volume), 2015
Figure 12: Packaging analysis – key packaging material, container, closure and outer type, 2015
Figure 13: Growth in key packaging material, container, closure and outer type, 2015-2020