Consumer and Market Insights: Savory Snacks in the UAE
- Pages: 114
- Published: June 2016
- Report Code: CS3665MF
The UAE Savory Snacks market will continue to be one of the fastest growing markets in the region driven by the presence of a large share of expatriate population consisting of Older Young Adult and Pre-Mid Lifers. Potato Chips is the dominant category both by value and volume followed by Processed Snacks. The Nuts & Seeds category is forecast to register fastest value growth among all categories, during 2015-2020. Older Young Adults constitute the largest consumer group in the Potato Chips category. Given the high per-capita income level, demand of premium brands and expensive Savory Snacks that offer maximum indulgence is high among the Emirati consumers. Besides, consumers seek out novelty in Savory Snacks that enhances fun and enjoyment. Future outlook for the UAE Savory Snacks market remains robust while demand for plant based and are minimally processed products will experience rise in demand owing to increased health concerns among consumers.
The Savory Snacks market in the UAE will register higher growth in value terms during 2015-2020.
The UAE consumers are opting for value for money products in the Savory Snacks market.
The Potato Chips category has highest volume share in the overall Savory Snacks market.
Indian Savory Snacks are most common variant in Ethnic/Traditional Snacks category in the UAE.
Hypermarkets & Supermarkets was the leading distribution channel in the UAE’s Food market.
Best and Gyma are the leading brands in Nuts & Seeds category, in both value and volume terms.
Private label products or retailer brands in the Potato Chips category registered the fastest growth during 2012-2015.
Flexible Packaging is the most commonly used packaging material in the UAE’s Savory Snacks market.
Reasons to buy
Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
Access the key and most influential consumer trends driving Savory Snacks products consumption, and how they influence consumer behavior in the market which will help determine the best audiences to target
Access to analysis on products launched in the market
Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion
Bikaji Foods International Ltd.
Jack Link`s Nz Ltd.
Gyma Food Industries.
Lebanese Roasting Group S.A.R.L.
The Kraft Heinz Company
Kraft Foods Group Inc.
Wonderful Pistachios & Almonds LLC
Rebisco Group of Companies
Blue Diamond Growers
Gyma Food Industries.
Juma Al Majid Group
The Bajoria Foods Pvt Ltd
Conagra Foods Inc.
Majid Al Futtaim Hypermarkets LLC
Table of Contents
• Report Scope
• Macroeconomic indicators –GDP Per Capita, Population, Consumer Price Index and Age Profile
• Retail and foodservice figures –Key Takeaways
Market Overview, Consumer Demographics and Pricing Analysis
• Value and volume analysis for the UAE's Savory Snacks market
• Impact of exchange rate fluctuations on Savory Snacks market
• Degree of trade up/down in the UAE’s Savory Snacks market
• Volume analysis by category
• Market value and growth rates, by category
• Historic and forecast value analysis by category
• Winners and losers by category with change in market share
• Segment share in the category (value terms) and change in market share
• Volume consumption analysis by gender, age, education and urbanization –at category level
• Inter-country comparison of average price per kg by category
• Top variants and pack size distribution analysis
• Retailer price dynamics
Retail Landscape and Key Distribution Channels
• Leading retailers in the UAE’s Food market
• Leading distribution channels (value terms) in the UAE's Savory Snacks market
• Leading distribution channels ((value terms) by category
• Market share of leading brands (in value and volume terms) by category and segment
• Penetration of private label by category in the UAE's Savory Snacks market
• Private label growth (in value terms) compared to brands
Health and Wellness analysis
• Value of Health & Wellness claims by category
• Key Health & Wellness product attributes driving sales
• Key Health & Wellness consumer benefits driving sales
• Key Health & Wellness companies and market share
• Savory Snacks market by type of packaging material/container (in volume terms)
• Savory Snacks market by type of packaging closure/outer (in volume terms)
• Savory Snacks market by type of packaging, forecast (in volume terms)
Consumer trend analysis
• Canadean's consumer trend framework and explanation of the sub-trends
• For key trends in the UAE's Savory Snacks market:
• How the trend is influencing consumption in the UAE's Savory Snacks market
• How to target the trend in the UAE's Savory Snacks market
• How the trend will evolve in the UAE's Savory Snacks market
• Key target demographic and the rate at which the trend will evolve
• What are the key drivers that will influence growth of Savory Snacks market in the future
Examples of New Product Development
• New products launched in the UAE's Savory Snacks market
• Country context
• Category value and volume data
• Consumer Demographics data
• Sector Overview
• Segment data
• Health & Wellness data
• Packaging data
• Category definitions
• Segment definitions
• Channel definitions
• Health & Wellness definitions
• Explanation of sub-trends
• About Canadean
List of Tables
Table 1: Country Indicators –overall food value and volume, 2015
Table 2: Market value analysis in AED and US$, 2010-2020
Table 3: Market volume growth analysis, 2010-2020
Table 4: Exchange rate fluctuations: US$ to AED
Table 5: Market volume growth, by category, 2015-2020
Table 6: Segment level analysis by category, 2015
Table 7: Average price per kg, comparison by category
Table 8: Retailer price dynamics (includes % difference from average price)
Table 9: Leading retailers
Table 10: Leading brands by segments, 2015
Table 11: Leading brands by category, 2015
Table 12: Key Health & Wellness product attributes driving sales, 2015
Table 13: Key Health & Wellness consumer benefits driving sales, 2015
List of Figures
Figure 1: Macro economic analysis: GDP per capita, Population, CPI (2010-2015), Age Profile (2015)
Figure 2: Foodservice transactions by sectors, profit and cost, 2015
Figure 3: Market volume analysis, 2010-2020
Figure 4: Consumers purchase behavior -Trading up/down, 2015
Figure 5: Market volume share analysis by category, 2015
Figure 6: Market value growth analysis by category, 2010-2020
Figure 7: Historic and forecast value analysis by category, 2010-2020
Figure 8: Change in market share by category, 2015-2020
Figure 9: Category volume consumption by age, gender, education and urbanisation,2015
Figure 10: Leading distribution channels, overall Food, 2011-2014
Figure 11: Leading distribution channels, overall Savory Snacks, 2015
Figure 12: Leading distribution channels by category, 2015
Figure 13: Brand share analysis by category (by value and volume), 2015
Figure 14: Private label penetration by category, 2015
Figure 15: Private label and brand share growth, 2012-2015
Figure 16: Value of key Health & Wellness claims, by category, 2010-2020
Figure 17: Leading Health & Wellness companies by category, 2015
Figure 18: Packaging analysis –key packaging material, container, closure and outer type, 2015
Figure 19: Growth in key packaging material, container, closure and outer type, 2015-2020