Consumer and Market Insights: Savory Snacks in Thailand
- Pages: 107
- Published: June 2016
- Report Code: CS3663MF
Thailand’s Savory Snacks market is forecast to register growth in value as well as volume terms during 2015-2020. The Processed Snacks category has the largest volume share in 2015, while the Nuts & Seeds category is projected to witness the fastest growth during 2015-2020. Rising personal disposable income in Thailand is driving the growth of premium Savory Snacks. The large young population of Thailand will drive the demand for healthy Savory Snacks for children.
The Savory Snacks market in Thailand will register higher growth in value terms during 2015-2020 compared to 2010-2015.
Thai consumers prefer to purchase premium products in the Savory Snacks market.
The Nuts & Seeds category is forecast to register fastest value growth among all categories during 2015-2020.
Hypermarkets & Supermarkets and Convenience Store are the leading distribution channels in Thailand’s Savory Snacks market.
Pop Secret and Pop Weaver are the leading brands in Popcorn category, both in value and in volume terms.
Flexible Packaging is the most commonly used packaging material in the Savory Snacks market in Thailand.
Reasons to buy
Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
Access the key and most influential consumer trends driving Savory Snacks products consumption, and how they influence consumer behavior in the market which will help determine the best audiences to target
Access to analysis on products launched in the market
Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion
Berli Jucker Public Co. Ltd
Friendship Co. Ltd.
Taokaenoi Food and Marketing Co. Ltd.
Food processing co ltd
S.N.N.P. Intertrade Co.,Ltd.
Mae-Ruay Snack Food Factory Co. Ltd
Tong Garden Co. Ltd.
Seng Hua Hng Foodstuff Pte Ltd
Chee seng oil factory pte ltd
Qiaqia Food Co. Ltd
Blue Diamond Growers
Khaoshong Industry 1979 Co. Ltd
Diamond Foods Inc.
Weaver Popcorn Company Inc.
Jacy Foods Sdn Bhd.
USEFUL FOOD CO. Ltd.
Ezaki Glico co. Ltd
JG Summit Holdings Inc.
Thai Best Snack Co.,Ltd.
New Star Food Industries Sdn Bhd
The Procter & Gamble Company
The Kellogg Company.
Table of Contents
• Report Scope
• Macroeconomic indicators –GDP Per Capita, Population, Consumer Price Index and Age Profile
• Retail and foodservice figures –Key Takeaways
Market Overview and Consumer Demographics
• Value and volume analysis for Thailand's Savory Snacks market
• Impact of exchange rate fluctuations on Savory Snacks market
• Degree of trade up/down in Thailand's Savory Snacks market
• Volume analysis by category
• Market value and growth rates, by category
• Historic and forecast value analysis by category
• Winners and losers by category with change in market share
• Segment share in the category (value terms) and change in market share
• Volume consumption analysis by gender, age, education and urbanization –at category level
• Average category level pricing
Retail Landscape and Key Distribution Channels
• Leading retailers in Thailand's Food market
• Leading distribution channels (value terms) in Thailand's Savory Snacks market
• Leading distribution channels (value terms) by category
• Market share of leading brands (in value and volume terms) by category and segment
• Penetration of private label by category in Thailand's Savory Snacks market
• Private label growth (in value terms) compared to brands
Health and Wellness analysis
• Value of Health & Wellness claims by category
• Key Health & Wellness product attributes driving sales
• Key Health & Wellness consumer benefits driving sales
• Key Health & Wellness companies and market share
• Savory Snacks market by type of packaging material/container (in volume terms)
• Savory Snacks market by type of packaging closure/outer (in volume terms)
• Savory Snacks market by type of packaging, forecast (in volume terms)
Consumer trend analysis
• Canadean's consumer trend framework and explanation of the sub-trends
• For key trends in Thailand’s Savory Snacks market:
• How the trend is influencing consumption in Thailand's Savory Snacks market
• How to target the trend in Thailand's Savory Snacks market
• How the trend will evolve in Thailand’s Savory Snacks market
• Key target demographic and the rate at which the trend will evolve
• What are the key drivers that will influence growth of Savory Snacks market in the future
Examples of New Product Development
• New products launched in Thailand's Savory Snacks market
• Country context
• Category value and volume data
• Consumer Demographics data
• Sector Overview
• Segment data
• Health & Wellness data
• Packaging data
• Category definitions
• Segment definitions
• Channel definitions
• Health & Wellness definitions
• Explanation of sub-trends
• About Canadean
List of Tables
Table 1: Country Indicators –overall food value and volume, 2015
Table 2: Market value analysis in THB and US$, 2010-2020
Table 3: Market volume growth analysis, 2010-2020
Table 4: Exchange rate fluctuations: US$ to THB
Table 5: Market volume growth, by category, 2015-2020
Table 6: Segment level analysis by category, 2015
Table 7: Average prices (THB and US$) by category, 2015
Table 8: Leading retailers
Table 9: Leading brands by segments, 2015
Table 10: Leading brands by category, 2015
Table 11: Key Health & Wellness product attributes driving sales, 2015
Table 12: Key Health & Wellness consumer benefits driving sales, 2015
List of Figures
Figure 1: Macro economic analysis: GDP per capita, Population, CPI (2010-2015), Age Profile (2015)
Figure 2: Foodservice transactions by sectors, profit and cost, 2015
Figure 3: Market volume analysis, 2010-2020
Figure 4: Consumers purchase behavior -Trading up/down, 2015
Figure 5: Market volume share analysis by category, 2015
Figure 6: Market value growth analysis by category, 2010-2020
Figure 7: Historic and forecast value analysis by category, 2010-2020
Figure 8: Change in market share by category, 2015-2020
Figure 9: Category volume consumption by age, gender, education and urbanisation,2015
Figure 10: Leading distribution channels, overall Food, 2011-2014
Figure 11: Leading distribution channels, overall Savory Snacks, 2015
Figure 12: Leading distribution channels by category, 2015
Figure 13: Brand share analysis by category (by value and volume), 2015
Figure 14: Private label penetration by category, 2015
Figure 15: Private label and brand share growth, 2012-2015
Figure 16: Value of key Health & Wellness claims, by category, 2010-2020
Figure 17: Leading Health & Wellness companies by category, 2015
Figure 18: Packaging analysis –key packaging material, container, closure and outer type, 2015
Figure 19: Growth in key packaging material, container, closure and outer type, 2015-2020