COVID-19 Impact on McDonald’s, Update 2021
- Pages: 16
- Published: April 2021
- Report Code: CS21020CI
"COVID-19 Impact on McDonald's, Update 2021" reports key findings as of 25th March, 2021 based on market analysis and brand diversification by industry and geography.
All companies in the foodservice sector have seen decline in 2020 revenues owing to the spread of coronavirus cases across the world. McDonald’s positive performance in Q4 2020 primarily from he US operations raised the outlook of the company for 2021. As major countries across the globe are slowly recovering from the pandemic-related slump, positive outlook for QSR outlets, especially in North America, Asia, and Western Europe, are expected to present ample opportunities for the company to not only recover from the losses occurred in 2020 but grow at a healthy rate over the forecast period.
– McDonald’s sales in Japan witnessed growth in Q4 2020, and the same is expected in 2021.
– North America and Asia, top two markets for QSRs, will be among the fastest-growing regions over 2020-2025.
– After the slump in 2020, McDonald’s, North American market is forecast to a marginal CAGR recovery during 2019-2024
– McDonald’s is investing in the latest digital technologies such as artificial intelligence.
– McDonald’s sentiment score falls by 10.5% in Q4 2020, primarily due to the resurgence of new waves of the pandemic
Reasons to buy
– Understand the challenges and opportunities for a specific company in order to tap into what is really impacting the industry.
– Gain a broader appreciation of the fast-moving consumer goods industry by gaining insights from both within and outside of your sector.
– Access valuable strategic take-outs to help direct future decision-making and inform new product development.
Doctor's Associates (Subway)
Restaurant Brands International (RBI)
Seven & I Holdings
Jollibee Foods Corp
Dine Brands Global
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
COVID-19 impact analysis on McDonald’s – key findings as of 25th March 2021
Geographic spread analysis – McDonald’s brand sales
The impact of COVID-19 and economic recovery prospects
The forecasts for McDonald’s regional sectors
Foodservice industry impact
McDonald’s brand sales by sector and region