Baobab – ForeSights
- Pages: 16
- Published: May 2021
- Report Code: CS21010FS
Baobab, the fruit of the baobab tree, also called the "Tree of Life," is gaining recognition as the "queen of superfruits" for its rich nutrient composition. Baobab also has an attractive sustainable aspect that sets it above many of the superfruits.
Baobab is a large, deciduous tree that is native to Africa, Australia, and parts of Asia, and has a lifespan of thousands of years. It is a multipurpose tree, with every part including the fruit, leaves, seeds, and bark used in food, folk medicine, beauty and household applications since ancient times. In recent years, the baobab fruit gained acclaim as the "queen of superfruits" by virtue of being a rich trove of nutrients and bioactive compounds that are beneficial for health. The nutritive values, versatility and sustainability of the baobab makes it a potent ingredient for FMCG manufacturers to consider.
– By virtue of its inherent nutrient profile and beneficial bioactive compounds, and versatile format, baobab fruit pulp powder can be leveraged as a core ingredient for developing a wide range of health and functional foods and beverages.
– As the fruit can be sustainably sourced, processed and shipped, and has a positive impact on the lives indigenous farming communities, it can appeal strongly to ethical and conscious consumers.
– The fruit, seed, leaves and bark of the baobab tree contain antioxidants that can be capitalized on for developing natural, ‘clean-label’ beauty and grooming products and cosmeceuticals with functional claims such as "anti-aging," "soothing," "softer skin," and "moisturizing."
Reasons to buy
– Understand the relevant consumer trends and attitudes that drive and support innovation success so you can tap into what is really impacting the industry.
– Gain a broader appreciation of the fast-moving consumer goods industry by gaining insights from both within and outside of your sector.
– Access valuable strategic take-outs to help direct future decision-making and inform new product development.
Whitney Neil London
Table of Contents
Table of Contents