Yoga Bars – Success Case Study
- Pages: 20
- Published: August 2020
- Report Code: CS2059SF
The success case study of Yoga Bars, a company that offers nutrient-rich energy bars that are targeted at different consumption occasions across the day.
Launched in 2015 by SproutLife Foods, Yoga Bars is aimed at offering nutrient-rich snack bars that serve various consumption occasions. These products are targeted at busy consumers in India, who look for nutrient-rich options.
– Yoga Bars was founded by two sisters, Suhasini Sampath and Anindita Sampath, who were motivated by the dearth of healthy and nutritious snacking options in Indian retail outlets.
– The group currently offers its products under four product lines – snack bars, breakfast bars, muesli, and 20g protein bars. The key USP of these products is high protein bars with natural ingredients and zero preservatives.
– The proposition of natural, preservative-free bars with "balanced nutrition" or "high protein" in handy packs met the need for healthy, on-the-go snacks, and the company’s focus on online retail channels attracted new-generation net-savvy shoppers.
– Product portfolio, targeting diverse consumer needs around breakfast, snacking, and pre/post workouts, helped the company target a wider consumer base.
– Consumption trends in the food sector globally have been tilting towards nutrient rich products, owing to the growing healthy living trend around the globe, creating opportunities to products similar to Yogabars.
– Next generation shoppers, with their profound affinity for products that simplify consumption, are shaping up the demand in India and globally alike.
Reasons to buy
– Reduce the risk of failure by learning from brands/products that have under-performed: failed innovation can severely impact profit and reputation.
– Understand the relevant consumer trends and attitudes that drive and support innovation success so you can tap into what is really impacting the industry.
– Gain a broader appreciation of the fast-moving consumer goods industry by gaining insights from both within and outside of your sector.
– Access valuable strategic take-outs to help direct future decision-making and inform new product development.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
Yogabar was developed under its founders' plan to introduce a healthy snacking option in the Indian market
Yogabar's annual revenue has grown at a rate of more than 100% per year since their introduction
The usage of purely plant-based ingredients worked well in India, which has a significant vegetarian population