Sterilized Society – TrendSights Analysis 2020
- Pages: 48
- Published: November 2020
- Report Code: CS2005TS
Sterilized Society is part of the Health & Wellness and Comfort & Uncertainty mega-trends. The COVID-19 global health crisis has made consumers pursue products that they perceive as healthy as well as safe and trustworthy. Consumers' fear and anxiety around the infectious diseases has escalated significantly in recent history, making them even more hygiene- and health-attentive on a continual basis. Also, cautious consumers need reassurance as to the integrity, safety, and reliability of products they buy. Therefore, Sterilized Society is one of the most relevant trends in understanding consumers' behavior towards hygiene, cleanliness, and health, particularly immunity concerns, and reflecting the lessons thus gained in innovation across various sectors.
Society is obsessed with cleanliness, hygiene, and immunity, and the COVID-19 pandemic has boosted this obsession. The Sterilized Society trend captures that there is an escalating obsession with hygiene, cleanliness, and immunity among global consumers, as awareness of infectious disease and how it can affect or be affected by consumer choices rises. Furthermore, the deepening connection between hygiene and health is creating opportunities to incorporate broader functionality into products to enhance the "wellness factor."
– Consumers are increasingly health-conscious, with almost two thirds claiming to be highly attentive to their health in general. They are also proactive rather than reactive towards health issues.
– Consumers are now connected to health information and news around the clock, increasing awareness of health issues.
– Well-publicized disease outbreaks or food safety issues fuel fear, desire to mitigate risk, and drive sales of antiviral and antibacterial products.
– Consumers seek products that perform effectively and efficiently to eliminate these Sterilized Society-driven concerns.
Reasons to buy
– Understand a specific consumer trend and company responses in order to tap into what is really impacting the industry.
– Gain a broader appreciation of the fast-moving consumer goods industry by gaining insights from both within and outside of your sector.
– Access valuable strategic take-outs to help direct future decision-making and inform new product development.
Proctor & Gamble
Table of Contents
Table of Contents