Baby and Childcare – Category Packaging Opportunities
- Pages: 19
- Published: June 2020
- Report Code: CS2002PO
"Category Packaging Opportunities: Baby and Childcare" explores new packaging formats and value-added features in the baby care and childcare categories, using examples from GlobalData's Pack-Track innovation tool. Your key questions answered: What drives packaging innovations in baby and childcare? What notable new formats and value-added features have been introduced in the baby and childcare categories in recent years? Which consumer trends have these packaging innovations capitalized on? How can baby and childcare manufacturers use packaging to stay ahead of the game in a crowded marketplace?
With a huge and varied range of products on the retail shelf, it can be difficult for brand owners to offer something unique to consumers. Packaging is a key element that can provide differentiation and important added-value benefits. By using packaging to improve convenience and functionality it is possible to adapt to the changing lifestyles of busy consumers. Products that are specifically marketed at children can use packaging to create unique brand identities and packs with play value that encourage greater interaction and engender learning development. We have used GlobalData's Pack-Track packaging innovation tool to identify new packaging developments within the category, and this report discusses special features and benefits of examples we like, and how they fit in with current consumer trends within GlobalData's TrendSights framework.
– In order to be more successful brand owners are adjusting their packs to different lifestyle needs of consumers.
– Convenience is important and enhanced functionality through packs that allow easy usage is a key trend which helps parents to overcome some of the day-to-day challenges of childcare.
– Brand owners are increasingly creating age-specific products. For the baby and childcare categories this often involves packaging in the form of recognizable characters and shapes that encourage creative play. This in turn leads to greater brand engagement and loyalty from both children and parents.
Reasons to buy
– Use GlobalData's Category Packaging Opportunities reports to inspire innovation.
– Understand the relevant consumer trends that drive and support innovation so you can tap into what is really impacting the industry.
– Appreciate the importance of added functionality of packaging in the overall consumer experience of a product and how this can help to drive brand loyalty.
H&H Group Pty
Boryung Medience Co
Shanghai Jahwa United Co
Nutricia Australia Pty
Weiwei Foods & Beverages Co
Johnson & Johnson
Gerber Products Co
Mead Johnson & Company
Beech-Nut Nutrition Corp.
UniCharm India Pvt
Weihai Aibao International Trade Co
Merz Consumer Care
Lucozade Ribena Suntory.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
Category Packaging Opportunities: Baby and Child Care
Category Packaging Opportunities: Spotlight
Category Packaging Opportunities: Examples We Like
Category Packaging Opportunities: TrendSights
Category Packaging Opportunities: Action Points