ForeSights: Night-Time Foods and RTD Beverages
- Pages: 18
- Published: January 2020
- Report Code: CS2002FS
"ForeSights: Night-Time Foods and RTD Beverages" is part of GlobalData's Foresight series . It identifies the future potential for sleep-friendly foods and beverages that align with consumer interest in natural ingredients and concerns about fatigue.
A growing number of start-up food and beverage manufacturers are using "natural," sleep-friendly ingredients to stand out from their competitors ,as there is already resounding demand for better sleep from consumers. This emerging niche is expected to have future potential as it closely aligns with the consumer preference for better sleep and natural ingredients.
– Manufacturers have been starting to focus on foods and beverages specially designed to consume shortly before bed to improve sleep patterns.
– Sleep-friendly snacks contain more plant-based ingredients that claim to improve digestion and increase natural melatonin levels, leading to deeper sleep.
– 41% of global consumers seek food products that contain some natural ingredients, a similar proportion to non-alcoholic beverages (42%).
– Manufacturers should explore natural products as a substitute for chemically engineered sleep aids.
– "Sleep-friendly" is the next functional buzzword that consumers will be looking for in food and beverages.
Reasons to buy
– Consider emerging opportunities and threats in the fast-moving consumer goods market and gain insight into potential future consumer behavior.
– Identify interesting new and emerging concepts, products, and ideas on offer in retail, foodservice, online spaces, and beyond.
– Understand how new concepts and ideas fit into – or challenge – current consumer trends.
– Gain insight and inspiration for innovation programs and new product development.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents