TrendSights Overview: Smart & Connected – Engaging with consumers in a hyper-connected, technology-enabled society
- Pages: 68
- Published: October 2018
- Report Code: CS1816TS
"TrendSights Overview: Smart & Connected", is one of the eight mega-trend overviews that GlobalData covers as part of its TrendSights series of consumer insight studies. The analysis covers what the mega-trend is, why it is important, who is most influenced by it, and how brands and manufacturers can capitalize. The research concludes by identifying where the mega-trend is heading next and how long it will last.
Today's consumers live in a rapidly digitizing world that is becoming seamlessly integrated into everyday life. The consumer desire for convenience, as well as immersive consumption experiences, has driven rapid technological change across the FMCG, retail, and foodservice landscapes. In turn, consumer needs and expectations are evolving, and brands are now embracing the latest digital technology to cater to these newfound behaviors and expectations.
– Over two thirds of consumers globally agree that technology has made their lives simpler.
– Over two thirds of worldwide consumers think that the internet has had a positive impact on their social life.
– Over two thirds of consumers globally believe that technology/improved access to information has had a positive effect in their country.
Reasons to buy
– Gain insight into the different ways brands can align with the Smart & Connected mega-trend including examples of best-in-class innovation.
– Compare the relevancy of this mega-trend to each generation, region, and sector across the FMCG space, and learn what the key opportunities are.
Pet Hubl Inupathy
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
5. The Future