TrendSights Overview: Easy & Affordable – Exploring the impact the Easy & Affordable mega-trend has on innovation across the FMCG space
- Pages: 65
- Published: September 2018
- Report Code: CS1814TS
This report is part of GlobalData’s TrendSights overview series. This research explores the Easy & Affordable mega-trend and its relevance across the FMCG sectors with added focus on retail and Foodservice. The analysis covers what the mega-trend is, why it is important, who is most influenced by it and how brands and manufacturers can capitalize on it. The research concludes by identifying where the trend is heading next and how long it will last.
The Easy & Affordable mega-trend captures consumers' desire for products that are good value for money and align with their time constraints. With retail evolving towards fully embracing the e-commerce channel, consumers are moving from brick-and-mortar stores to online shopping. At the same time, due to time-scarcity and enhanced mobility, consumers are becoming more versatile in terms of the places and occasions they consume products, fueling demand for on-the-go products.
– Advanced technology offers a route to more efficient and effective way of shopping – Brands and retailers are tapping into ways to use smart technology innovation to optimize how consumers shops by providing them a more efficient, hassle-free shopping experience both in-store and online.
– Private label evolution will continue to drive competitive innovation – retail-owned brands are becoming the go-to brands of choice as private label offerings face improved quality and design.
Reasons to buy
– GlobalData's TrendSights framework interprets how the 63 trends guiding the consumer and innovation landscape are influencing your markets, and what this means for future opportunities.
– Investigate the various trends within the Easy & Affordable mega-trend and what these mean for fast-moving consumer goods.
Arm & Hammer
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
5. The Future