Top Trends in Alcoholic Drinks 2018: Exploring the latest trends in the beer, cider, spirits and wine categories
- Pages: 54
- Published: March 2018
- Report Code: CS1806CT
"Top Trends in Alcoholic Drinks 2018", covers key trends to watch within the alcoholic drinks sector, drawing upon GlobalData's TrendSights framework, insight analysis, innovation intelligence, and product examples.
The alcoholic space represents a highly innovative and dynamic environment for growth, especially as consumers begin to explore and push conventional boundaries. This report covers various emerging and evolving themes including the disputable ‘craft’ movement, commitment to sustainability, demand for sweeter indulgence, unusual ‘two-in-one’ drinks, and finally, the abstract ‘lifestyle’ movement.
– True craft is being lost to larger, more aggressive corporations. Therefore it is important that brewers embody certain standards, stress independence, and utilize heritage.
– Consumers are aware about the wider community and wish to engage with the environment. Brands should adopt a stronger, more ethical stance, promote the use of sustainable development, and use ingredients with integrity.
– Conventional norms are being challenged, thus placing greater desire for sweeter flavors. In order to capitalize on this trend, brands are prompted to create novel, yet familiar experiences and infuse offerings with exotic ingredients.
– Consumers demand complex drinking sensations, including mixing two contrasting drinks. Brands must employ beverage exploration and create new sensory benefits.
– Consumers demand drinks that are aligned to their personal needs/lifestyle, such as a passion for exercise. There is a clear need to stress health and wellness credentials, and offer additional functionality.
Reasons to buy
– Understand the relevant consumer trends and attitudes that drive and support innovation success so you can tap into what is really impacting the industry.
– Gain a broader appreciation of the fast-moving consumer goods industry by gaining insights from within your sector.
– Access valuable strategic take-outs to help direct future decision-making and inform new product development.
Zing Red Velvet Vodka
Truly Spiked and Sparkling
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
1. Introduction 8
2. Innovation trends in Alcoholic Drinks 10
True Authenticity vs Mass Craft 12
Drinking Sustainably 19
Dessert Indulgence 26
Sensory Hybrids 33
Lifestyle Beverages 40
3. The future 46
4. Appendix 48